Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atlona VGA-to-HDMI converter also upscales to 1080p

1. Atlona VGA-to-HDMI converter also upscales to 1080p

http://www.amazon.com/Atlona-Scaler-Convert-1080P-Audio/dp/B00384D67O

Anyone tried one of these things yet? If it's lagless it might be the holy grail for Dreamcast gaming.

I haven't used that, but I can vouch for Atlona converters being good stuff. I've got a Atlona RGB->component converter that I use for all my old systems and it is fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy View Post
    Anyone tried one of these things yet? If it's lagless it might be the holy grail for Dreamcast gaming.
    I think the hundreds of HDTVs with VGA ports are the holy grail for Dreamcast gaming. With that being $90, I'd recommend going higher and just get an XRBG to cover all your retro bases.

4. The "holy grail for Dreamcast gaming" was and always will be a CRT monitor that could natively display in 480p.

The only downside there is that a large enough CRT would be a bitch to tate.

6. Native resolution > screen size imo.

I'm not buying that, because that would say that a DS is better than a standard CRT for something like a Genesis or a Neo Geo at 320x224.

8. Yeah, the Wiz is the best for Genesis and Neo Geo.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    The only downside there is that a large enough CRT would be a bitch to tate.
    Probably, and most CRT monitors that do have a built in rotation mechanism turn the wrong way, so the image is upside down.
    I've given up on TATE and just play my spaceship games with sideways graphics and rotated controls.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    With that being $90, I'd recommend going higher and just get an XRBG to cover all your retro bases.
    Isn't the XRGB going to output in VGA though?