Page 1 of 25 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Child of Eden

1. Child of Eden

Mizoguchi's new game, unofficial Rez sequel, as this video shows if you wear a hoodie you can absorb jellyfish powers and then kill them with it.

PS360, so I assume that means Kinect/Move compatible.

GOTY 2010 on lock, close the polls.

I'm an open-minded guy but on what planet would a game where you wave your arms around like douche be considered GOTY material? I'm still intrigued by the game, though.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    a game where you wave your arms around like douche
    mosh pit simulator 2k11

4. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I'm an open-minded guy but on what planet would a game where you wave your arms around like douche be considered GOTY material? I'm still intrigued by the game, though.
    I think it's time for the internet to move past the "anything that involves arm movements is for douches" stage. It's been done. We're talking about the work of a design deity here.

EDIT: Besides, there's a PS3 version, which'll no doubt just use Move as a pointer.
    Last edited by StriderKyo; 14 Jun 2010 at 08:31 PM.

5. dude should just get it over with and make the switch to directing music videos

6. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    I think it's time for the internet to move past the "anything that involves arm movements is for douches" stage. It's been done.
    I'm all right with it for Wii and PS3, as there's an input device and pointing at things on screen doesn't require sweeping motions. Kinect, though, seems like it will require much more exaggerated flailing for the same sorts of things, with the added bonus of ridiculous contextual gesturing to substitute for button presses.

Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    I think it's time for the internet to move past the "anything that involves arm movements is for douches" stage. It's been done. We're talking about the work of a design deity here.

EDIT: Besides, there's a PS3 version, which'll no doubt just use Move as a pointer.
    Pointer controls are absolutely fine (and I'm probably one of TNL's biggest Wii fans). I'm not convinced swaying arms through the air to control a game is a great idea, though. I'll move past that when proven wrong.

8. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    Pointer controls are absolutely fine (and I'm probably one of TNL's biggest Wii fans). I'm not convinced swaying arms through the air to control a game is a great idea, though. I'll move past that when proven wrong.
    I can't lie, I'm not interested in Kinect at all, and if I had to choose between the two the PS3 version would be the no-brainer. I'm not even really interested in Move, but this will sell me on it, the same way Prime 3 sold me on Wii.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking in my first post that the PS3 version might not have the type of swaying controls shown in the video. I'll be thrilled if the game ends up being as good or better than Rez.

10. Is there a let your wang out mode?