Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: TNL Arcade

1. Arcade TNL Arcade

I finally enabled the arcade, which you can find at the end of the navigation bar up top. There are fifty games in there now, and I will add more here and there.

Most of the games will record your highest score, rank your performance against that of other TNLers, and award a trophy to the top scorer. Until things have stabilized, I have disabled the display of trophies in your posts and profiles. Otherwise, someone could just go in and play all the games right away and get most of the fifty trophies, and that would just look silly in the post area.

I put in some simple retro titles like Asteroids and Pac-Man, but most of the games are a little more involved. Many of these will save your progress, so you can choose to let Flash make a save file on your PC. It's nice with some of the longer games to be able to pick up and play from where you left off days before.

The longer games almost always have a short ad in the loading screen. My understanding is that the developer gets 40% of the ad revenue, TNL gets 10%, and the rest goes to the game publisher. Some of the more complicated games also offer microtransactions or extended versions. Such is the nature of Internet games nowadays.

Anyway, even if a game looks a little goofy, I encourage you to give it a few minutes. If you really like an arcade title, post about it here (Youda Sushi Chef!).

2. I like Princess Fruit Maiden, but I got tired of playing and I guess I have to "die" in order for my score to save.

I also love Youda Sushi Shop.

3. Game Pops is cool, need more of those.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. When I finish Nano Ninja it tells me I don't have permission to access something, and then reports the score inaccurately. Looks like there's some good stuff in there though.

Blooms Tower Defense.

6. Agreed.

7. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    When I finish Nano Ninja it tells me I don't have permission to access something, and then reports the score inaccurately.
    For some reason, the games are a little touchier here than they were in testing. I played Nano Ninja a few times last night to test the leaderboard, and it was one of the flakier ones. I think you should try not pressing anything for a few seconds after you beat any of the arcade games. Just give it a second to redirect or to get it's stuff straight. (There is another option unlocked after you beat Nano Ninja, by the way, but it's not all that great.)

As far as the score for that particular game, the lower the better. It's maybe the only title on there where lowest score gets the prize.

8. Is there a way to purchase that Youda sushi chef for the forum and have leaderboards for us here? I'd do that if it's possible. Game is rad.

9. Someone else brought that up earlier, and now that it's mentioned again, I'm thinking we should at least try. I'll contact the publisher. I doubt it will be allowed, but I'll ask. I'll even offer to restrict access to veteran members.

Worth a shot.

10. That princess grabbing fruit game is ridiculously easy/awful.