Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Is Awesome

1. Love that classic Legoland shit, Yellow borders or get off my jacque. Original Blacktron was my favorite.
    You taste like a burger. I don't like you anymore.

I had some of the hospitals, small cars, the black and red space stuff, that big 18wheeler kit, and that shuttle kit.

3. I miss Space Legos. Lego? No. I appreciate that on paper, but out in the real world, the term is "Legos".
    Last edited by YellerDog; 17 Jun 2010 at 12:26 AM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Probably at least 350/400. An open one with all the parts in the box goes for 160/100. And this one is sealed, never opened. It is 22 years old.
    The fuck? Ain't no way I'm shelling out $400 for an old set of Legos, the pieces of which I already mostly have and could build on a lazy weekend.

Well then, fuck you!

6. I'm not sure the logic IP is using with that, either. He's assuming just because it's not opened it's worth 200%+ more than the going rate. If slightly used is going for 100 - 160 then you can probably try to squeak by with 250 for an unused as a fair price. Where the heck is 350-400 coming from? Good on you if someone drops that for it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I miss Space Legos. Lego? No. I appreciate that on paper, but out in the real world, the term is "Legos".
    Yeller you ignorant slut (both are wrong, apparently).
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 17 Jun 2010 at 10:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Well, I just read up on it. Apparently calling lego bricks, lego is wrong. The parts are called bricks and lego is the company. The reason you never see LegoS on any official Lego documents is because it is typically used as an adjective. Like Lego Bricks or Lego men or Lego Kits.

But me, Drew, and MVS are correct. There are not multiple lego companies and there is no such thing as plural adjectives.
    Do you know what an adjective is? In the sentence "Let's play with my lego(s).", 'lego' is a noun. Let's replace it with a real adjective and see if that sentence makes any sense: "Let's play with my blue." "Let's play with my wide." "Let's play with my tall." And in your own quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by what you quoted
    when referring to the pieces, neither 'lego' nor 'legos' is correct... rather one should say: 'LEGO bricks' or 'LEGO pieces'
    So "technically", any use of "lego" as a noun is incorrect, you're just trying to sound smart by not conforming to the general understood rule of adding an "s" to a plural noun. There are times when you don't add "s". Special words like "moose". Or foreign words like "sushi". But not a made up word like "lego" derived from a name. Do you also say "I have five frisbee."? "The gamestop just got in 10 new Wii."?

On topic, I loved legos as a kid, but all of my bricks have been passed down to younger family members. I'd love to play with them for an afternoon again some time.
    Also: http://www.teamhassenplug.org/monsterchess/
    and http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c23_1276166790

I wonder if lacking the ability to read with comprehension, but being obsessed with grammar and semantics is a form of mental disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I'm not sure the logic IP is using with that, either. He's assuming just because it's not opened it's worth 200%+ more than the going rate. If slightly used is going for 100 - 160 then you can probably try to squeak by with 250 for an unused as a fair price. Where the heck is 350-400 coming from? Good on you if someone drops that for it, though.
    From what I've gathered, Lego collectability is different from normal toy collectabality. Boxes are more likely to be thrown away than other toys, and people are less likely to keep them mint. Collectors too, desire mint boxes because it insures completely original parts and not parts stolen from less desirable kits. Thats just what I've gathered from ebay auctions. The mint ones go for more than double an open set. Sometimes triple, maybe more if a mint set is extra rare

10. I'll give you $100 bucks for it. That's $50 more than anyone else is gunna give you for that set.