Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Is Awesome

1. I too enjoy the love of Legos
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    That isn't a robot. That's the world's largest 8 year old.

2. Why the hell do you keep using "Lego" as a plural? Legos yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

3. Lego is correct.

No it isn't.

"That is my box of Lego" sounds dumb.

5. I've never heard it said any other way than just Lego as the plural and singular.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Lego is correct.

Though I have heard legos. Normally by mothers who step on it.

"I keep stepping on your damn legos!"

7. I've never heard anyone refer to them as "lego" in the plural.

Well, I just read up on it. Apparently calling lego bricks, lego is wrong. The parts are called bricks and lego is the company. The reason you never see LegoS on any official Lego documents is because it is typically used as an adjective. Like Lego Bricks or Lego men or Lego Kits.

But me, Drew, and MVS are correct. There are not multiple lego companies and there is no such thing as plural adjectives.

Which is correct as the plural of LEGO: 'Lego' or 'Legos'? Neither, actually. The word 'LEGO', when used as a noun, should only refer to the company that makes the product. Otherwise 'LEGO' is supposed to be used as an adjective. Thus, when referring to the pieces, neither 'lego' nor 'legos' is correct... rather one should say: 'LEGO bricks' or 'LEGO pieces' or whatever (using LEGO as an adjective -- and one should really capitalize all of the letters, and put the little 'circle-R' symbol after it (®)). This is all a matter of protecting the trademark of 'LEGO' for the company (using it otherwise degenerates the strength of the trademark). This is not to say that I use the word correctly 100% of the time... but that's the answer to the question (it's always fun/painful to read the near-flame-wars that start at slashdot.org over this topic... and generally, both sides are wrong).
    Last edited by Fe 26; 16 Jun 2010 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    I've never heard anyone refer to them as "lego" in the plural.
    Do they even sell Lego in moonshine country?

10. ....

I don't know, do they?