Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Is Awesome

Lego Is Awesome

I'm about to sell a large collection of NEW lego (need it for germany).

I was going to post it in my sales thread and though, lol, no one here is going to pay for lego.

But that doesn't mean we can't talk about lego! Who else here played with lego as a kid? I probably built like everything out lego.

and for the sake of conversation, heres what I'm trying to sell. All mint.

Older stuff
    XT-Starship - New
    Technic 8035 - new
    Technic 8054 - new
    Christmas character kits - santa, Angel, Snow man - New
    Space Dart 1 - new but box is damaged
    6277-1: Imperial Trading Post - new (but in storage, so no picture) LARGE pirate base
    6987-1: Message Intercept Base - new (but in storage, so no picture) LARGE black space base

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

I'm disappointed by the small scale of the Architecture line, especially when you consider the prices they bear.

A Lego version of Falling Water is cool. A Lego version of Falling Water that has a mere 800 pieces, is ten inches wide, and costs $100 is not so cool.

3. I had those bag ones! They used to come in Happy Meals!

Seriously. So many memories.

Lego really is awesome.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

5. I love putting things together, when I was a kid I asked for one of those really elaborate castles for Christmas, and I had a blast assembling it. I really want to get another one so I can start building it on my living room floor! Such a great stress reliever.

6. I had that Pirate Bay! Lego's great! After assembling, I would have just as much fun positioning the figures into sexual positions!

Just ask BerringerX what was a guarantee any time I left his house!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. I still buy Legos each year. How much do you want for that black space base it looks sweet.

I'm pretty sure that I had acquired both of those Technic kits when I was a kid.

The last modular set I physically saw at the store was the fire station, so I didn't even realize the next one was out: the grand emporium. This looks pretty sweet! It has an escalator and other neat details.

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    I still buy Legos each year. How much do you want for that black space base it looks sweet.
    Probably at least 350/400. An open one with all the parts in the box goes for 160/100. And this one is sealed, never opened. It is 22 years old.

Yeah, I remember the year you could get a race car kit and a helicopter kit and a boat. I think McDonalds did that at least 3 or 4 times. Now kids just get a preformed car. I don't know if that because plastic cost more, or kids are too stupid for lego.