Page 719 of 811 FirstFirst ... 705715717718719720721723733 ... LastLast
Results 7,181 to 7,190 of 8103

Thread: Official Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, "New" 3DS, & "New" 2DS XL Thread.

1. Ok then, than they must have had a launch 3DS still in the display.

2. I'll keep my XL w/ CPP going for as long as it wants to hold out, it's a fine Sega 3D Classics Player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. I picked up a 2DS a while back and finally got around to playing with it this week.
    I knew going in that it's clunky, but I've gotten used to it, and I'm liking Mario Kart, which came with the system.

What I don't understand is why I have to create so many fucking nicknames/usernames/whatever in order to actually get online and do stuff. I can't even keep them straight. I have some sort of main username that does I don't know what, a Mii that I had to make for some reason, a Nintendo ID for the e-shop, and something else that I don't think I actually finished registering(club nintendo maybe?).

Online seems slow for everything. I don't know if it's just my connection, or the limitations of the system, but the eshop, web browser, and YT app are slow as shit and I get errors quite often.

I've never had a Nintendo system online before, so I'm not really sure what to expect as far as sales and stuff go. I'd prefer to buy my games digitally so I don't have to fuck around with carts, but it seems like I'd be better off buying retail given the e-shop pricing.

4. Most of the online stuff is busted to protect the childrens, I figure. No consistent online account = harder to get to, I guess?

The only reasons to get a download retail game on the 3DS are: it was free (Club Nintendo! Thanks for Donkey Kong Country Returns!), or it was a redemption code from somebody's system purchase that you got for cheap.

The inability to resell a full game is bogus, but if it can make it over either of those hurdles it's finnnne.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 22 Nov 2014 at 06:21 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I've never had a Nintendo system online before, so I'm not really sure what to expect as far as sales and stuff go.
    Jack and shit. Once or twice a year they'll run some of their popular stuff like 20% off or so, but nothing like you'd be used to from XBL and PSN. Indies and Atlus games go on sale fairly frequently though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. Do games load faster from 3DS carts than they do from SD cards?
    I really just want to buy things digitally for convenience.

7. Same difference. It's not like a hard drive needs to spin up.

8. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    The only reasons to get a download retail game on the 3DS are: it was free (Club Nintendo! Thanks for Donkey Kong Country Returns!), or it was a redemption code from somebody's system purchase that you got for cheap.
    Every single 3DS game I own (save a few I got through work for review purposes) is digital. Even with how back-ass Nintendo's account stuff is, I have no interest in owning cartridges for the 3DS. Too many benefits to digital.

And it seems like part of the system's online slowness is due to the hardware. That shouldn't make sense, but one of the selling points for the New 3DS is that stuff like the eShop and downloading games is much faster.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

9. I've got a lot of downloaded VC/eshop games, but mostly just stuff I can't get any other way! I like to flip stuff when I'm done with it, but lots of folks don't these days.

Dowhatchalike, really.

10. Ok tried playing Resident Evil with the cstick, it was horrible, had to push on it multiple times just to turn aim even a little. Hopefully it's better when games are designed for it...
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.