Page 16 of 811 FirstFirst ... 21214151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, "New" 3DS, & "New" 2DS XL Thread.

1. I've had a hankerin' for a new Pilotwings for a long damn time.
    That's what has me interested.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    I believe this - Apple's success with iPhone/iPad/iPod would dictate that the sooner they can make that OS work on a MacBook/et al, the sooner they make all their gear a one OS platform.
    I get the feeling you guys saying this aren't actually Apple users. The difference between the two - and the reason there needs to be a difference - is pretty clear. The mobile OS is tightly regulated so that software works seamlessly on a very specific spec. Because of this, all kinds of functionality is locked out. OS X is built to do all kinds of hardcore shit that's just bloat on a mobile OS.

Basically, what you guys are talking about is the exact reason why Windows mobile platforms always fail. They're not targeted enough. Or they do something like with the HP tablet, stick Windows 7 on it, just make the touch screen the mouse pointer, call it a day, then wonder why nobody wants their device.
    -Kyo

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I've had a hankerin' for a new Pilotwings for a long damn time.
    That's what has me interested.
    Yeah, that will be cool too. I am just worried that they'll dick up the games with nontraditional controls. Star Fox DS was fucking awful for that reason alone.

4. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Is it a bad sign that when I read about people describing the 3D effect, my brain tries to imagine the 3D and I already get a headache? (3D and certain red texts give me headaches.)
    I half expect it to end up like the Opti-Grabs from The Jerk. The N will end up with half a nation of cross-eyes with torches and pitchforks.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I still don't have to like it. Prioritize all resources to Star Fox and Mario Kart, can everything else first party across all platforms, and then get it out this year please.
    Uhh.. why exactly? It's going to sell like crazy no matter when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post

Basically, what you guys are talking about is the exact reason why Windows mobile platforms always fail. They're not targeted enough. Or they do something like with the HP tablet, stick Windows 7 on it, just make the touch screen the mouse pointer, call it a day, then wonder why nobody wants their device.
    The funny thing is that Microsoft has already said that they plan on pushing Windows 7, rather than Windows Phone 7, for tablets and the like. Microsoft does not get it, and they will never get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Uhh.. why exactly? It's going to sell like crazy no matter when it comes out.
    Because I want it sooner. I couldn't care less about Nintendo's bottom line.

7. It's coming out by March 2011. The difference is about what, four months? That definitely falls under "no big deal" as far as waiting goes.

James

March 2011 is nearing The Old Republic territory. Nothing else is going to matter then.

This is an interesting use of waggle.

And, as usual, Reggie didn't know what he was talking about. Sign me up for a 2010 launch.