Page 2 of 811 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, "New" 3DS, & "New" 2DS XL Thread.

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I saw a video of Nintendo talking about the motion sensor and how they're going to use it, and I really think it's the worst possible idea for a 3D console, because you always have to keep your head lined up not only to the viewing angle, but keeping it "level" with your head (i.e. if you tilt it diagonally, you'll lose the 3d). Those two technologies seem incompatible. I don't know what they're thinking. Obviously, like the touch screen, developers will eventually figure out it's useless and ignore it, but it seems like a waste.
    What are the odds they haven't already spent 6 straight months testing this 12 hours a day with spastic 5 year olds?

2. This is not
    the first time Nintendo has ever had the best handheld on the market
    and I really don't see how 3D is less of a gimmick than motion controls.
    Both technology's have the potential to offer greater immersion and more natural interaction with the game, and so does augmented reality, which will also be possible to some degree with the 3DS. They're all relatively immature technologies, though, so there's going to be a lot of awkward gimmicky crap to go along with the odd game that does everything right.
    Given how cheap motion sensing components have gotten, there's almost no reason not to include it, even if it only gets used some of the time or at the expense of the depth effect.
    I think Nintendo has done a good job of future-proofing the 3DS, at the very least. There's not much else they could add to any future revisions, unless they want to make a phone or a tricorder or something, so I don't see it being much different than their past handhelds. We'll get a more streamlined version at some point, maybe more built-in storage or better screens, but I don't expect them to fragment their market again like they did with the DSi.
    I just wish they had made the screens the same size.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi
    Since this system will mark the first time Nintendo has ever had the best handheld on the market
    Not even during the brief time period in 1989 when the GB was out but the Lynx wasn't?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    Not even during the brief time period in 1989 when the GB was out but the Lynx wasn't?
    God damn it. I knew I had the GB first, but I couldn't remember the release dates.

5. Plus the four months or so between the DS and the PSP launching.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. Wasn't every other handheld dead or on its death bed when the GBASP was out? Also, what does Yoshi do when he gets a 3DS and loves it and Konami releases Contra 5 for it? Seriously though, I think it looks like a really cool system. I would love to get a price on it and release date but I'm sure we will soon enough.

7. I'll have to play one to see if the effect even works for me, but I have been thinking of getting a new handheld.

8. Same here actually. The vision in my left eye is weak, almost to the point of just peripheral vision. I can't see the 3D in movies with the old red/blue glasses but the newer type glasses like the ones used in the movies for Avatar worked fine for me. I'll just have to wait and see.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe View Post
    Wasn't every other handheld dead or on its death bed when the GBASP was out? Also, what does Yoshi do when he gets a 3DS and loves it and Konami releases Contra 5 for it? Seriously though, I think it looks like a really cool system. I would love to get a price on it and release date but I'm sure we will soon enough.
    Why would you ever worry about Yoshi running out of things to bitch about? Seriously, I worry about the sun burning up first.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe View Post
    Wasn't every other handheld dead or on its death bed when the GBASP was out? Also, what does Yoshi do when he gets a 3DS and loves it and Konami releases Contra 5 for it? Seriously though, I think it looks like a really cool system. I would love to get a price on it and release date but I'm sure we will soon enough.
    The SP wasn't a unique platform.

Lynx > GG> GB/GBP/GBL
    NGPC > GBA/GBA SP/GBM
    PSP > DS/DSL/DSi/DSi XL

And I'll leave the iPhone out of this, since the comparison is somewhat apples-to-oranges.

And why would they skip Contra 4?