Page 3 of 811 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, "New" 3DS, & "New" 2DS XL Thread.

1. Yoshi is an instigator.
    Donk

2. He is a monsta.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    NGPC > GBA/GBA SP/GBM
    He's nuts.

4. NGPC was a Game Boy Color with better controls and two or three pieces of worthwhile software, only one of which was better than Super Mario Bros. DX

5. I was thinking the same thing, the GBA killed the NGPC.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Obviously, like the touch screen, developers will eventually figure out it's useless and ignore it,
    Because Picross/Picross 3D is so much better with traditional controls. Oh, wait...

I agree some touch stuff is tacked on bullshit, but this tow-the-line loyalism to traditional controls is equally stupid as the 3D-is-the-future-who-wants-controllers dogma.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

7. Software install?

Nintendo has packed 3DS with so many features that it's not even promoting some of the major ones. Today's Nikkei detailed one such silent feature: software install.

According to the paper, gamers will be able copy 3DS software to internal memory. Multiple games can be stored with the system in this fashion. You'll be able to switch between games by selecting a title from the system's main menu.

The paper notes that due to this feature, there'll be no need to swap cartridges. When outside of the home, you won't need to carry game cartridges with you.

Nikkei is a financial paper, so it obviously didn't get into the specifics on how this installation system will work. We'll have to wait for Nintendo to provide clarification.

8. I never meant across the board, but I mean early on every game seemed to have some kind of touch shit whether it merited it or not, but later on the gimmick wore off and they started only using it when it was actually useful to the gameplay somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    Software install?
    Wow. That's awesome from a not-having-to-take-multiple-games standpoint, but piracy is going to go wild, since Nintendo is totally clueless in terms of technology.

10. Totally clueless...and yet...still sells the shit out of their titles. Sony is always fighting piracy, PSP software sales suck, and PSP devs whine the lack of sales is due to piracy.

It's liberating to take victimization to business, and be free from all responsibilities from ones actions, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.