Page 5 of 811 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, "New" 3DS, & "New" 2DS XL Thread.

I played most of my NGPC games a lot more than SMB DX. Cropped screen ports of NES games weren't the most exciting thing in portable gaming although at least they included Lost Levels.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease View Post
    There probably will be a limit as to how many games you can save in the system at one time.
    Ummmm......not shit? I'm sure the memory will be small. They'll probably set it up like a time based DRM. After a certain amount of time you'll have to pop the cart back in to verify you have it.

3. This thread got stupid, all thanks to Hero.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Because Picross/Picross 3D is so much better with traditional controls. Oh, wait...

I agree some touch stuff is tacked on bullshit, but this tow-the-line loyalism to traditional controls is equally stupid as the 3D-is-the-future-who-wants-controllers dogma.
    Actually, Picross is way better with traditional controls. Compare Nintendo's Picross to Hudson's Illust Logic and you won't want to go back to the stylus.

6. Seconded, Picross is dog shit with stylus controls.

7. I play it with stylus controls. I know no other way.

Also, the reason SMB DX was good was the scoring mode. They actually made it not stupid.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Totally clueless...and yet...still sells the shit out of their titles.
    Nintendo titles, yes. 3rd party stuff I wouldn't be so sure. Nintendo loves to group total software units sold together and beat their chest that that number is thrashing the competition's totals, but that totally obfuscates that those numbers are being divvied up between far, farrrr more individual SKUs than the competing platforms (and are actually left about half of Nintendo's quoted number to fight between, once you take 1st party sales out of that equation). I really think the average DS title's sales are pretty dang embarrassing, especially considering it has, you know, the biggest install base of any system ever.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 18 Jun 2010 at 01:54 PM.

9. Stylus control in Picross only works for the smaller stuff. If you're using it for 15x15 and above, you're a masochist.

10. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    This thread got stupid, all thanks to Hero.
    That's what I'm here for, muffin.

Bvork ~ I'll have to check Illust Logic out. Is it import or obscure? Never heard of it before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.