Page 6 of 811 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, "New" 3DS, & "New" 2DS XL Thread.

1. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Nintendo titles, yes. 3rd party stuff I wouldn't be so sure.
    Hey now, five of the all-time top 25 selling DS games in Japan aren't first-party! Granted, they're all Dragon Quest games... and all but one are at the bottom of that list... but still! Other licenses and companies have a chance! At... something. I guess.

2. A great deal of DS software was awful bloat crap that didn't deserve sales and stole shelf space from better games. If Nintendo was smart (isn't happening) the 3DS would be a fresh start to put some quality control measures in place. If you submit a piece of shit like Elf Bowling 3D it can be made available for the 3DSware catalog but not a real cart. Easy.

Speaking of which, hopefully details will be forthcoming on the N's plans for a online store. Virtual console and DS back catalog would be great and a new interface is required. The DSiware store is ass to navigate.

3. Has any company ever had any quality control beyond "Make sure it works" or "Victor Ireland is a douchebag, don't approve his shit"? Sony was supposedly all anti-2D in the PSX days, and that was bullshit.
    Donk

4. I wish the entire industry would take the Victor Ireland is a douchebag stance.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    A great deal of DS software was awful bloat crap that didn't deserve sales and stole shelf space from better games. If Nintendo was smart (isn't happening) the 3DS would be a fresh start to put some quality control measures in place. If you submit a piece of shit like Elf Bowling 3D it can be made available for the 3DSware catalog but not a real cart. Easy.
    But it isn't easy, because who decides what games are quality and which aren't? Microsoft easily could have thought Deadly Premonition was terrible, as could Sony have made that judgement about Disaster Report and Raw Danger. And yet, I loved all three of those games. I think there are times when a game is unquestionably garbage, but I'm also willing to bet that those times aren't nearly as common as you might think. You and I might think Elf Bowling is worthless shovelware, but I'd swear I've heard at least one or two people who liked the game.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

6. Gramgram loves her elf bowling.
    Donk

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    You and I might think Elf Bowling is worthless shovelware, but I'd swear I've heard at least one or two people who liked the game.
    That's where gene pool quality control comes in.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I wish the entire industry would take the Victor Ireland is a douchebag stance.
    lol, true. Still, I can't get too mad at him, otherwise I wouldn't have played Lunar eternal blue (fuck Lunar has been remade/rereleased so many times now), Iron Storm, Dragon Force, and Popful Mail.

9. Popful Mail is so great.

10. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    lol, true. Still, I can't get too mad at him, otherwise I wouldn't have played Lunar eternal blue (fuck Lunar has been remade/rereleased so many times now), Iron Storm, Dragon Force, and Popful Mail.
    I don't know. I think some one else may have stepped in to bring those here. I just don't/didn't care for their handling of most of that stuff. Changing shit in the games, re-writing aspects of the scripts, delaying games for months/years on end for bullshit reasons (we need just the right type of fake leather for the instruction manual before releasing the game!!!). Others have come a long who do this shit 10000000 times better. The industry needs to be done with him. Guy is just so fucking full of himself.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.