Page 9 of 811 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, "New" 3DS, & "New" 2DS XL Thread.

1. Sorry, Yoshi, you may be in for a disappointment. Keeping the 3D focused is a major pain in the ass, unless it's one of those things that gets easier with practice.

James

2. Moving a small screen while you need to pay close attention to it is awful, I can't see how they think putting narrow field 3D tech in addition to that is going to work at all.

3. Simply put, it won't work. You can either do motion or 3D. You can't do both.

James

4. Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    SKUs
    Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    IP
    Videogames don't even sound fun anymore.

5. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    E3 confirms this statement.

6. I played Crackdown 2, Lost in Shadow, Fist of the North Star (I don't know why I enjoyed it so much), Vanquish, Hydro Thunder, Scott Pilgrim, Puzzle Agent, Ivy the Kiwi?, Dance Central, etc. No way can I be so cynical that a bit of cheesy marketing-speak makes me think video games aren't fun any more.

James

7. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    That's like saying music hasn't been fun since the 1950's or whatever because of terms like "units sold" or "licensing rights" or what not.

I'm also starting to have a bit of a concern that Nintendo has given up extensive gameplay options for the 3D gimmick (and let's be clear, I love the 3D, but it is a gimmick), but I seem to be coming up with different conclusions on the 3DS on a daily basis.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

8. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Byproduct of this console generation's obsession with press releases. My Huggable Pet: Zebra Mussel should ease those blues!

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Sorry, Yoshi, you may be in for a disappointment. Keeping the 3D focused is a major pain in the ass, unless it's one of those things that gets easier with practice.
    Yeah, your first hand impressions worry me. Hopefully there will be demos places prior to launch.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Simply put, it won't work. You can either do motion or 3D. You can't do both.
    Wait, wait. I don't care whether the 3D works with motion games. I'm not buying those. Is that what you meant?