Page 15 of 811 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, "New" 3DS, & "New" 2DS XL Thread.

1. If you need more info as to why Warren Spector thinks the 3DS is like the new sliced bread...
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

Is it a bad sign that when I read about people describing the 3D effect, my brain tries to imagine the 3D and I already get a headache? (3D and certain red texts give me headaches.)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

3. 3D in of itself doesn't bother me, but the first person perspective sure does. Also: shaky cam.

4. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    How much you wanna bet the next incarnation of OSX (OSXI?) is going to have fully integrated "apps"? They're moving towards a more closed platform, not the other way around.
    I believe this - Apple's success with iPhone/iPad/iPod would dictate that the sooner they can make that OS work on a MacBook/et al, the sooner they make all their gear a one OS platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

5. God, please no. I mean it's not like I ever tweak with Library, Property List or use the Terminal; but a "closed" version of Mac OSX, more akin to an iPad, would feel completely suffocating as a Desktop/Notebook. I hope they just merge Widgets with "Apps".
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

Red text? You asshole!

There was an old Nintendo Power guide (the SNES guide I think) that had the title in red, and if I looked at it and shook the book the text appeared to bounce independently, like a rubberband.

Apparently Reggie told Jimmy Fallon that the 3DS was coming in 2011 last night. Nintendo gets something right once every decade and they still find a way to dick it up in some way.

8. Oh come now, they showed the thing with like 95% unplayable demos, did you really see them having much of a launch ready in 2010? You have to give devs time to catch up.

I suppose it is true that they weren't ready to announce it when they did, thanks to that Japanese journalist who got the scoop.

I still don't have to like it. Prioritize all resources to Star Fox and Mario Kart, can everything else first party across all platforms, and then get it out this year please.

10. While I am going to buy one as I buy everything, I think you're still forgetting the fact that there is virtually nothing worthwhile announced for it. There is nothing to suggest that the lineup will be much better than the DS, which is already the modern-day record holder for 'shittiest lineup'.

Star Fox is the 64 game and Mario Kart has been slower than shit for too many releases. I'm not really seeing what there is to go apeshit over yet.