Page 209 of 219 FirstFirst ... 195205207208209210211213 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2187

Thread: Post Your Pictures, Part XX

1. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Nah, no worries man, I've said it before but TNL is like a family to me, I know we're all in different life stages and positions but we're able to talk and debate about stuff like friends and family do! I mean, I've definitely thought about what would happen if I got pregnant, I'm really meticulous about birth control but obviously things happen. I don't know if I could bring myself to get an abortion....but i don't know if I could go through with a pregnancy either. I just honestly hope I'll never have to make a decision like that.

But you're right of course, there's people out there who balance far more than I could even imagine - look at Kim Kardashian or Beyoncé - and they obviously haven't given up their careers to have kids.
    Making that decision has to be an awfully hard one for most women. I personally am against abortion after the first trimester (once human characteristics start to form along with advanced brain formation/activity). Even though my son was just a clump of cells that resembled nothing human when we had the first ultra-sound (4 weeks maybe) he did have a measurable heart beat and I fell in love with him right there. I did change my mind on kids after he was born though. We both wanted two but I felt no desire for and even completely against having another child. I felt like it would just be too much and I wouldn't be happy. She stayed on me for years (and even asked me to impregnate her after we split because she only wants kids with one man) about it and used to get upset because she wanted two and I was completely against it.

If I ever get married again I could consider having another child if my new wife didn't have any of her own. I'd rather prefer to be with somebody who already has kids though (keeps things more even that way and I miss being part of a family). I honestly just don't want to think about going through the whole ordeal of pregnancy, taking care of an infant, and having to watch them for every second once they become mobile again. In 14 years, my son will be an adult and I can do whatever I want again; having another one just resets the clock back to 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Two girls I dated had to have abortions (possibly 3?) and my wife had one before me.
    My mom had one (maybe two) after I was born. I don't want to think about how much worse life could've been if my mom had to take care of one or two more kids. When my dad went away, my mom had three jobs and spent all of her time working and we barely got by. My ex-wife also had an abortion before she met me. Think it was smart on everyone's part.

2. I could give an abortion.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I love my two daughters more than life itself and wouldn't trade them for anything. I've accomplished virtually all the goals I've had for myself, and I've never thought about what more I might have achieved had I not had kids.

What I've never done, however, is tell people they're doing something wrong if they don't have kids. Why should I care? You want kids? Have kids. You don't? Don't.
    Good advice. Going home and becoming a family man has been the best advice videogames has ever given me. Thanks Guile!

I need someone to drive dune buggies and go to flee markets with.

Though a fat dog would probably do a good job filling that role. Though his taste will probably be questionable on what to buy at the flea market.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 25 Oct 2016 at 05:11 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia View Post
    Two girls I dated had to have abortions (possibly 3?) and my wife had one before me.
    Abortions are one of the biggest coups against social inequality. Social progress is much easier when the choice is there. Kids people aren't ready for become burdens on society. The only way to help that is to prevent it.

And abstinence doesn't do shit.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 25 Oct 2016 at 10:17 PM.

6. abstinence would do something if people would do it. It's not like babies magically appear. But expecting people to abstain or properly protect themselves from creating a baby is silly. So it's better for everyone to kill it and move on.
    I dont get religious people issue with it. Most believe kids get a free pass into "heaven." Why wouldnt you want someone to bypass this world of evil and hurt and directly pass go and collect $200?

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    look at Kim Kardashian or Beyoncé - and they obviously haven't given up their careers to have kids.
    They have a fleet of nannies.

8. That's a good point too.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    abstinence would do something if people would do it. It's not like babies magically appear. Expecting people to abstain or properly protect themselves from creating a baby is silly. So it's better for everyone to kill it and move on.
    I dont get religious people issue with it. Most believe kids get a free pass into "heaven." Why wouldnt you want someone to bypass this world of evil and hurt and directly pass go and collect $200?
    The whole thing (at least with Christianity) is based on a passage from the bible. I don't know what part it's in anymore but it's something along the lines of God knowing us before we came to this world. Because of this, they think actual human life (with a soul and all) begins at the moment of conception and not during development or birth. Because of this, they view it as willful murder of a human being with a soul and they're against murder (unless it's a Muslim being murdered of course). It's kind of something most of them just get behind without thinking much about and closing their ears off to everything else. My opinion is (assuming I believed in their God, which I don't) is that there is "no person" at the early stages of pregnancy. There is no brain, no mind, no self-awareness, and no consciousness; nothing that defines us as a "person". That being said, these things (the mind, etc.) do develop during fetal development so that is why I don't support abortion after the first trimester. I don't have any religious views on the matter but I do generally oppose the destruction of human life; especially human lives that aren't guilty of doing anything wrong.

I've heard the question asked, "would you give up your child's life if you knew it would save a million other people?" I don't care if it saved every other human being on the planet (including myself), I would never hurt my son. After he was born, my primary goal in life became protecting him and making sure that he was taken care of. My ex-wife and I discussed what I should do if something happened during her pregnancy/delivery and I was made to choose between saving her life or saving the baby. We both agreed that I should've made the decision to save the baby as opposed to her. Fortunately, nothing like that ever happened but shows the commitment we both have to our child.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    abstinence would do something if people would do it. It's not like babies magically appear.
    It's funny that the Christians who are the main proponents of abstinence specifically worship an immaculately conceived person. Not even abstinence can save you from the effects of sex.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!