Page 217 of 219 FirstFirst ... 203213215216217218219 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 2187

Thread: Post Your Pictures, Part XX

1. How did kids find this place?

NICK!!!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. lol I’m a guy, so I should be fine right? :P dun need no violencez

Honestly I can watch both, there are shows I prefer dubs on (lile Dragon Ball Z or Fullmetal Alchemist. Reading the subs annoys me after a few episodes though. But once I’m used to voices I can’t switch to a new voice cast.

I’m not one of those people who claim I watch subs to learn Japanese though, I’ve always found that reason dumb honestly. That’s what books are for imo

3. You kinda need both english and japanese subs to learn anything that way, and even then it would not be fun.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    You kinda need both english and japanese subs to learn anything that way, and even then it would not be fun.
    You'd have to be able to read japanese for japanese subs to do any good and that's way harder than learning the spoken language.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. I’m horrible at reading and memorizing kanji... so reading many things is kinda hard for me.

I have a 2 way English to Japanese dictionary, but all of the words are written in katakana and hiragana.. which was helpful before I needed to start learning kanji

I'd have to learn a language through basic Sesame Street type stuff. I'm just so emotionally destroyed by the end of a work day that it makes me retarded.
    I took all your French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Headphone Actor View Post
    But once I’m used to voices I can’t switch to a new voice cast.
    This. I can't go back and re-watch the stuff I watched when I was anti-dub, because I don't want to read shit, so I just watch the Vampire Hunter D movie over and over.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I'd have to learn a language through basic Sesame Street type stuff. I'm just so emotionally destroyed by the end of a work day that it makes me retarded.
    Study/read/do what's important to you early in the morning before work. Let your brain collapse when you're on the clock instead. Save good brain for good things and dumb brain for dumb things.

It took me a long time to learn this.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Headphone Actor View Post
    I really, really like games and anime (with a preference for manga). My favorite game series are Mega Man, Final Fantasy, Castlevania, Shin Megami Tensei, the Soul series and the Baten Kaitos games.
    Welcome to TNL. Given your age, you will probably need some classic Sega infused into your gaming diet. We can help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Study/read/do what's important to you early in the morning before work. Let your brain collapse when you're on the clock instead. Save good brain for good things and dumb brain for dumb things.

It took me a long time to learn this.
    Unfortunately, I am just not a morning person It's hell for me to even work at 9am. From my own house. My ideal would be to get a decent enough job that started later in the day, and then do any kind of study at the wee hours. Like 1am.
    I took all your French Toast.