Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Doctor Strange

There was no good reason to cast him as Khan.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

2. Oh right! I'd completely forgotten I'd seen that movie, much less that he was in it. I tend to think of his role as Generic Space Baddie rather than Khan because the writing was so amazingly awful.

3. His sucking as Kahn wasn't really his fault. It was just a horrible idea to reprise a super-iconic bad guy and there was no way anyone could ever measure up to Ricardo. If he had just been "Bad Guy X" no one would have had a problem with it.

I think the reason a lot of people hate on Cumberbach is because the media is trying so hard to portray him as Tom Hiddleston 2.0. But personally, I'm fine with him as Strange. Slap a moustache on him and he's got the look.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 28 Oct 2014 at 10:06 AM.

4. You guys, so forgiving!
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    His sucking as Kahn wasn't really his fault.
    I don't think it was his fault, and he did competent job (while acting absolutely nothing like Kahn because of the script) he was just an awful choice to cast for the role. I honestly think The Rock or someone would have made a better Khan.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

6. The problem is that nobody could have made a decent Khan with the script for that movie. Casting an actor that could pull off Khan would have just made the role even worse, because the only similarity between the two versions was the name. You'd have ended up watching the whole movie being constantly reminded of what it isn't.

7. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    You'd have ended up watching the whole movie being constantly reminded of what it isn't.
    Which means "watching the new Star Trek Movies"
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids