Thread: Sega Saturn system original model

Sega Saturn system original model

I picked up a large Saturn lot, but I didn't really need the systems as I already have two, so they are up for sale.

The model 1 is in very good shape. It has one or two tiny marks in it, which keeps me from saying it's mint. It comes with the AV cable, power cord, and original Model 1 controller. The controller is beat up and has several scratches, but it feels great. It is at that nice spot where the controller is broken in, but not worn out.

The model 2 is in pretty good shape, but it has several shallow scratches on the top cover that you can't really see in the picture. I can take a full res picture and email it to anyone who would like to see. It comes with the AV cable, power cord, and a brand new Eclipse control pad. I can install a mod chip for CDR's into the model 2 for the cost of the chip ($30) since I bought one for my backup Saturn but haven't installed it yet. Just give me a few extra days to do the install.

I'm not trying to make a profit here, just trying to make some of my money back from that big lot. I'd like $30 for each system, plus shipping which should be around $10 each (shipped to the US only, sorry no international.) I'm also open to trades, I'm really looking for a Japanese Super Famicom system, and I'm open to other trades as well.

*edit*
    Model 2 sold to Crafter, Model 1 still up for grabs.
    Last edited by GohanX; 01 Jul 2010 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Removed sold item
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

2. Will the modchip allow import games to work as well? Or do you need a separate mod for that?
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

It doesn't allow for imports. You can either use a Pro Action Replay (that's what I do) or you can patch an ISO to your region. I could probably put a region switch in it if I found some instructions, the Saturn is supposed to be pretty easy but I haven't actually done it since I already had a PAR.

*edit* I found some instructions online. The region switch is doable, but a bit of a pain the the ass. I'd recommend just getting a PAR, as I would likely charge more than the cost of the PAR to install a switch.
    Last edited by GohanX; 01 Jul 2010 at 02:17 PM.

4. Cool, let me think about it. Go ahead and sell it if someone else wants it though.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

5. I want the Saturn model 2 and for you to install the mod chip, please. This should come to $70, correct? Will you be willing to test before shipment? Check your PM!
    Last edited by Crafter; 01 Jul 2010 at 04:07 PM.

Model 2 belongs to Crafter pending payment

7. Payment sent!

Final bump before Ebay, the original model Saturn is still for sale or trade. Right now I'm looking for SNES/SFC games (cart only is fine) or XBL/PSN points.