Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firefox after a reformat

1. that'd be best

if you know your motherboard model, and most of your stuff is on-board, tracking down windows 7 drivers to burn to a cd will be bullshit easy (and a good deal you might not even need, since a LOT of stuff works OOB/after a windows update)

2. What exactly are the benefits of 7? I've had it for a couple of months now and it's all pretty much the same except a wee bit smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    that'd be best

if you know your motherboard model, and most of your stuff is on-board, tracking down windows 7 drivers to burn to a cd will be bullshit easy (and a good deal you might not even need, since a LOT of stuff works OOB/after a windows update)
    I built it a couple years ago. Just had to find the newegg invoice. GIGABYTE GA-73PVM-S2H. Finding drivers now.

Will obtain Windows 7 tonight

4. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    What exactly are the benefits of 7? I've had it for a couple of months now and it's all pretty much the same except a wee bit smoother.
    it's vista but without all the stupid problems vista had, it's more secure with its UAC stuff, it has purdy glass ui elements, better support for older hardware, yadda yadda yadda

hey cka, check this out for me: http://www.gigabyte.us/Support/Mothe...hers#anchor_os

Is the lack of LAN drivers for Windows 7 mean that it's not supported?

edit-- they only "support" xp/vista, although they have SOME drivers for 7 on the site. Am I right to assume I'm fucked re: ethernet drivers if I were to install Windows 7?
    Last edited by Rich; 07 Jul 2010 at 09:06 PM.

6. 7 probably has a general-use nforce ethernet controller

I'm pretty sure I didn't need drivers for lan and my mobo is GeForce 6150

edit: yeah
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ethernet.PNG 
Views:	101 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	56705  
    Last edited by cka; 07 Jul 2010 at 09:33 PM.

I definitely needed them for XP, and I'm pretty sure the ones I linked to worked.

Any idea on which ethernet/sound drivers (the only 2 I ever needed to install) I'd have to use for 7?

I'll try with 7 and if it doesn't work, I'll just rewipe and put my copy of XP back on.

Reinstalled with XP.

Any idea what file contains my Firefox logins/passwords, cka? If I copy the whole profile folder, i can't open firefox afterwards.

9. restore the directory you copied from %AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox and everything should be 100% back the way it was, barring any major firefox upgrade you did