Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Machete

Machete

2. Hi Yoshi. Welcome to 2010! Bush is no longer in office and America paid attention to the World Cup.

It's going to be OK.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

That is terrible news, but this movie still looks good.

4. I thought the Grindhouse thread was the official for this movie?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Hi Yoshi. Welcome to 2010! Bush is no longer in office and America paid attention to the World Cup.
    Yeah, I was confused why he posted a trailer from 2007 as well, but apparently there's a couple new ones out.

6. Man. This movie is so not going to be the trailer.

EDIT: Well, the website, http://www.vivamachete.com, has more promise then the two new trailers.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 09 Jul 2010 at 11:37 AM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Man. This movie is so not going to be the trailer.
    Well you have to remember Rodriguez made the first trailer, but the official trailer is a product of marketing that he likely had nothing to do with. Trailers are used as a tool by marketing to make all movies look the same.

8. That last trailer has to be the most horseshit thing I've ever seen. I get that you need normies to help fill seats and shit, but that trailer is going to confuse a lot of people who were expecting something more like Grindhouse, and instead see a trailer that makes it look like Action Movie #26359. Also, that better not be the final look of it dammit, I want them to age the film like they did with Grindhouse.

9. Agreed.

What the fuck's DeNiro doing in this? Go away Robert.

10. The new trailer is funny in its own right. It's like what campy Grindhouse sendups are going to look like in 20 years.