Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aero City (Asking for Arcade Cabinet Help)

1. Aero City (Asking for Arcade Cabinet Help)

I have the opportunity to purchase an Aero City cabinet. I know nothing about arcade cabs.

1) I read online that Aero City has a rotatable monitor and uses a Jamma connection. Does this mean that if I were to ever purchase other Jamma boards I could play them?

2) Anything I should look at when judging the cab itself? Other than screen burn, making sure the controls work, and general cosmetics of the cab I don't know of anything to look at.

3) I've never played Aero City. Anyone know what kind of game it is?

Thanks all.

2. 1) Should be the case, yeah.

2) I dunno!

3) Pretty sure Aero City is just the name Sega gave the cabinet model.

4) Where are you getting this? I've been thinking that I might buy a candy cabinet, like, some time this year. I realized a long time ago that I want none of that wooden bullshit up in here.
    Last edited by Tain; 12 Jul 2010 at 04:44 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    1) Should be the case, yeah.
    Neat!

3) Pretty sure Aero City is just the name Sega gave the cabinet model.
    Ah!

4) Where are you getting this? I've been thinking that I might buy a candy cabinet, like, some time this year. I realized a long time ago that I want none of that wooden bullshit up in here.
    Craigslist.

4. Called the guy and apparently Street Fighter is in the Aero City cab. Selling for $275.

He's also selling a Metal Slug cab along with World Heroes 2, Samurai Shodown 3, Metal Slug 2 and Fatal Fury although I doubt I'd have room for that, even after I move into a bigger place. He's selling that for $675. Again, I don't know jack about cabs, but that seems very low.

5. I checked out the cabs. He has a very, very different definition of "excellent condition" than I do. He also lost the key to the Aero City cab so there's no way to get easily inside it. Pass for now, although he said he'd get in touch with a lock smith and see if there's anything they can figure out.

6. Looks waaaaay short.

7. It's adorable!

I drilled the locks out of mine. Who gives a shit!

9. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Looks waaaaay short.
    not everyone wants to stand while playing games

10. Imagine playing pinball while sitting. Perversion.