Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Write Like...

I Write Like...

http://iwl.me/

Copy some of your prose into the field there and find out which famous (or infamous) author you write the most like.

This was mentioned at both the AVClub and on NPR today so I guess it's probably making the rounds on Facebook or has been for a few weeks or something. Of course it's basically horseshit but you might get a laugh out of it so what the hell.

The long post I recently wrote in the Doctor Who was marked as David Foster Wallace. Some story material which I have written gave the result of Ian Fleming, which I guess I can appreciate since it is about gangsters and people doing underworld things in bars and such.

2. H.P. Lovecraft. lol.

I also got David Foster Wallace.

This is gay.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

From various things, I got:

Salinger
    Dan Brown
    Poe
    Vladimir Nabokov
    Douglas Adams (though surprisingly not from an early thing I did that was an attempt to ape Adams, but from a music blog post)
    Mary Shelley
    Stephen King
    Raymond Chandler
    James Joyce
    William Shakespeare
    Arthur Conan Doyle
    Neil Gaiman

At the end I put in a couple of forum posts but they all came up like David Foster Wallace.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 17 Jul 2010 at 04:50 AM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

5. David Foster Wallace. I fucking wish.

6. The problem is that everyone needs to write like somebody. There is no "you are terrible, you write like garbage" option, and so we're all David Foster Wallace. Or J.D. Salinger. Or H.P. Lovecraft. Or L. Frank Baum.

Quote Originally Posted by rezo View Post
    There is no "you are terrible, you write like garbage" option
    You can get Stephenie Meyer as a result.

8. Arthur C. Clarke

I don't see it.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. Stephen King.

lol
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

10. Stephen King.