Page 1 of 87 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman: The Dark Knight Rises

1. Film Batman: The Dark Knight Rises

So, before Comic-Con even begins(Tomorrow is the actual day). There's news on Batman 3 ... a film not even being shown at SCCC.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/07/...le+Feedfetcher

Quote Originally Posted by Firstshowing.net
    We're not officially kicking off Comic-Con until tomorrow, but today we have a huge bit of news regarding a comic book flick that likely doesn't even have a presence at this year's convention. We've gotten word from a reliable inside source with a studio casting grid that The Riddler is listed as a character for Chris Nolan's highly anticipated to the sequel to The Dark Knight, which is still called Batman 3 at Warner Bros. Even more interesting, the actor currently listed in the same grid to play the assumed villain is none other than Joseph Gordon-Levitt, whose status is just listed as "interested." Let's all say it together now: Hell. Yes!
    We'd like to point out that this news should be considered confirmation that The Riddler is the villain in Batman 3 and less confirmation of the recent suggestions/rumors regarding Gordon-Levitt's casting as the enigmatic villain. A casting grid is used in the industry to keep production companies, agencies, etc. in the loop on a project's progress and the roles available for actors to potentially take. These documents are used for business planning in the industry and by no means would use internet speculation to list a character that may not even appear in the film. But when it comes to listing actors, this is info that can change at anytime, and just because an actor or studio is interested in one or the other, does not mean it will actually happen.
    We're also cautious because the age range listed for the character is 35 to 45, and with Gordon-Levitt being 29 years old falls a little short of the mark. Of course, this wouldn't really be a reason for him to be excluded as characters can be modified in the script to accommodate a favored actor. On the lighter side though, the actor is fresh off working with Nolan on the brilliant Inception, so they've surely developed quite a working relationship as Gordon-Levitt called him "the genuine article… a real artist" and "a unique voice." For now we'll consider Gordon-Levitt's involvement a rumor, but seeing The Riddler in a studio casting grid is solid confirmation of Nolan's villain for Batman 3. Hopefully we'll get an official confirmation sooner than later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gordonlevitt-riddlerfacesmile-newtsr.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	56895  
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. JGL has to be in the next Batman. That's all.

3. That is a wacky idea. Just wacky.

4. I read this same rumor almost a year ago.

5. The villian is no longer a rumor, which is the important piece. Its all but officially confirmed that the Riddler will be the villian. The rumor now is JGL. Will he play The Riddler?
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

This series sucks dicks, and you're all retarded.

7. Everyone who spit on Nicholson's Joker 5 minutes after seeing ol' Deadback Mountain's version is going to hell.

OSCAR WORTHY PERFORMANCE GREATEST OF ALL TIIIIIME

9. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    The villian is no longer a rumor, which is the important piece. Its all but officially confirmed that the Riddler will be the villian.
    Yeah, by a "reliable inside source." OOOH!

Get real. There's been bullshit rumors about this movie since the day The Dark Knight opened. I'll believe it when Nolan says it.

Riddler would be retarded, BTW.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. People have finally acknowledged that the emperor has no clothes?
    *cracks knuckles*
    About fucking time!