Page 1 of 20 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Judge Dredd

1. Judge Dredd

I used to dig the comic. We all know of Stallone's stinker back in the day. Now they're making another movie...script's written, they have funding, a director, and a provision that Dredd's not allowed to remove his helmet, which will make the fanboys happy.

Now word is that Karl "Bones" Urban has been offered the role of Dredd. Interesting.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 22 Jul 2010 at 10:35 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. It needs to be a British director, or at least an American fanboy with a connection to the material. Otherwise it can suck my dick. No need for a half-ass remake.

EDIT: Alex Garland (The Beach, 28 Days later, Sunshine, upcoming Enslaved?) is tied to writing it! And British! I shall hold my reservations, good Dole.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 24 Jul 2010 at 03:24 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. The first one could have been great! It was infected by "1990s Movie/Joel Silver Syndrome". The ABC Warbot was fucking great, and a lot of the sets and props were really cool, but man, they really dropped the ball on everything else.

4. OK I'm on Board!

Confirmed:
    Writer - Alex Garland
    Director - Pete Travis (Vantage Point)
    Judge - Karl Urban

sauce: http://io9.com/5595272/karl-urban-co...ng-judge-dredd, http://www.filmshaft.com/karl-urban-for-judge-dredd/

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    The first one could have been great! It was infected by "1990s Movie/Joel Silver Syndrome". The ABC Warbot was fucking great, and a lot of the sets and props were really cool, but man, they really dropped the ball on everything else.
    Yeah, the ABC robots were pretty rad

it is an ok B movie if you pretend it has nothing to do with the comic

6. I dunno, they had all this Cool Shit and they basically just drop the football every chance they get. HUGE budget for just a nothing script.

^ Case in point. Hillbilly-cyborg is really cool! They kill him by having miss a punch and get stuck in a wall. That's the only way they could think to resolve that scene?
    Last edited by YellerDog; 24 Jul 2010 at 06:18 PM.

oh, I'm not saying it was a great movie.

8. It's like Tank Girl-level bad; lots of cool shit with nowhere to go.

I remember liking tank girl. But I was like, what, 12?

10. The animated scenes in Tank Girl were cool. Also: Malcolm McDowell.