Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL11 (Sports GOTY)

1. Yeah versus is always cool since it is "boost free."

Plus they still let you team up with a buddy locally to play versus, which is good fun and seems to piss a lot of people off who take the versus rankings way too seriously.

2. Boosts are lame, but I love online team play so much that they don't really bother me. Though I refuse to play team play and will just play versus when its just me or one other person.

3. Quote Originally Posted by ElCapichan View Post
    Boosts are lame, but I love online team play so much that they don't really bother me. Though I refuse to play team play and will just play versus when its just me or one other person.
    Same here, the boost suck but you can still win if you have good teammates. I do hope the hitting animation is not overdone, and I think the dev has a good track record of improving this series from 08 thru 10.

4. Online should be close to like it is in 10, but the animations should be better. They have enough time to fix things, and I have a feeling there will be no major problems with the game as far as the new hitting goes.

5. Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    Yeah versus is always cool since it is "boost free."

Plus they still let you team up with a buddy locally to play versus, which is good fun and seems to piss a lot of people off who take the versus rankings way too seriously.
    I like playing against teams with more than 1 person. I pick them apart. Then I fuck with them and talk shit about their team.

6. FUCK... Now EA is selling 156 different boosts fior NHL 11. Way to kill the most interesting online gamemode, morons.

http://kotaku.com/5606823/nhl-11-wil...erent-powerups

7. I wish they would just go back to the old NHL 09 system where the only way to earn attribute points was through the player cards.

But I'm sure they are probably making more money on those damn DLC sales than they are on the game itself.

8. The achievement list was released today:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/

Usually nothing newsworthy about an achievement list, but they happen to confirm two features that haven't been announced yet:

-- EASHL practice mode

-- EASHL custom jerseys

Looking forward to this game coming out and washing away the bad taste of Madden.

Edit:

Looks like the demo will be out next Tuesday, August 17th!
    Last edited by jyoung; 12 Aug 2010 at 06:50 PM.

9. Demo is up on the marketplace!

I played a quick game of Blackhawks vs. Flyers and there were a ton of goals.

If the demo is any indication, "robo-goalies" may finally be out of the game.

Teammate AI is also a ton better on offense.

10. Thanks ! Downloading now!