Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1727293031

Thread: NHL11 (Sports GOTY)

1. Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    Also, it's possible to play online team play with the standard NHL teams, just like in last year's game.

Just go to Xbox Live --> Online Team Play.

You can play in a party it looks like.

Sorry, but nope. That still uses your Be A Pro.

Online Versus is the only way to use actual teams, and when you set co-op, it says it only allows multiple controllers on the same console.

I would love a mode where we could pick an actual team and not worry about all the boosts, but there is no way to do it in this game. Kind of retarded and something they really need to add next year. They need a mode like EASHL, but it uses real teams based off of the actual rosters.

Until then, I will continue to play EASHL.

2. Some games use your Be a Pro, some use NHL players. It just depends how the host sets the game up.

I think it depends on whether "OTP rules" are set to on or off, but I'm not sure. I haven't hosted a game to confirm myself.

But I just played a full game of Preators/Blackhawks where everyone was NHL players.

You will know that you are in a NHL players game when it shows the screen where you set your lines up after everyone joins and hits ready.

You can then pick "position lock" or "any" after the lines are set.

I know this mode has been in the game at least since NHL 08, but the shitty menus make it hard to get to and figure out if you're in one or not.

3. Online Teamplay is the best way to play this game. No need to worry about boosts, you get to play as an actual NHL team, and you have the option of locking your position or playing any position.

4. Anyone up for some online teamplay?

5. Play this game you fuckers!!!

6. There are few things I enjoy more than beating French Canadians at their own sport!

7. So the speed attribute in this game is pretty much worthless.

Just get your endurance to 90+ and spam the hustle button all game.

Right now I am:

90 acceleration
    90 agility
    65 speed

90 endurance
    And I just use the hustle button (L3) whenever I want to skate by people.

8. I started playing some 1 on 1 versus. I've been getting better. Actually went 6-7 straight game in victory and my last game only lost by a goal. Switching my Be A Pro to offense. I still need to unlock some bonuses for offense.

9. I think acceleration my be worthless as well as speed.

I just played some drop-in games at:

Acceleration - 65
    Agility -90
    Speed - 65
    Balance - 98
    Endurance - 99
    Strength - 99
    I also switched to the 9" skates and I felt really good on the ice.