Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bizarre Creations Closing This Week

1. Bizarre Creations Closing This Week

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    Bizarre Creations is closing its doors for good this Friday after Activision failed to find a buyer for the studio responsible for a string of highly regarded games.

Having brought the Liverpool studio back in 2007 Activision recommended the studio for closure last month. In its time under Activision Bizarre Creations produced two games, the hyper racer Blur and the bespoke Bond game Bloodstone.

Bizarre Creations will perhaps be better remembered for its time under Microsoft where it produced the Project Gotham games, one of the last decade's most revered racing series, as well as the lo-fi Geometry Wars games that were at the forefront of Xbox Live Arcade.

Before that Bizarre Creations produced Metropolis Street Racer on the Dreamcast and a brace of official F1 games for the original PlayStation.

Develop reports that Bizarre Creation's illustrious history is to come to an end on Friday February 18. In just over 20 years the studio created some 20 games, and many are likely to be remembered long after it closes its doors for the last time.
    Fuck Activision so hard.

2. I cant blame Activision on this one, Blur and Blood Stone were both mediocre. The two games they made before those bombed too. Not many studios can survive four busts in 3+ years. I loved their games going back to MSR/Fur Fighters so it sucks but I can't say I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the next Bizzare game.

3. I think they would've been better off making XBLA games like Geometry Wars instead of full retail games like Blur and Blood Stone.

Retail games are such a gamble these days with development costs being so high.

4. I wasn't either. But that was partially because of Activision (they might have wanted to make Blur, but not rush out a Bond game in a year's time). Not that another publisher wouldn't have ended the same way, but I'd like to think it would have been different. Because I hate them.

the club

5. PGR4 sucked a huge one and PGR3 was a huge letdown after the masterpiece that was PGR2.

I never even gave blur a chance.

I did really like boom boom rocket though....
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

6. Sucks, I like a lot of BC games.

7. PGR4 is amazing. Wildkat fails

8. MSR, PGR2, and Geometry Wars are some really fond memories. Damn shame.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    PGR4 is amazing. Wildkat fails
    You like that other piece of crap GT5 too don't you?

Thus Statement invalid.

They absolutely ruined the online play after 2. It was perfect. All they had to do was add some new content and polish up the graphics for the 360, but they failed. I love the tracks in 3, but the lobby system was so far from broken, and they never fixed it.

4, took an already ruined online play, and made it much, much worse. Graphics became borning and grey, and the driving didn't feel right. Then the stupid, obviously last minute addition of bikes ruined it further.

I played PGR2 for hundreds of hours. Lobbies were constantly full. DLC was abundant. PGR4 died online a month after it came out.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

10. epic failure