Page 11 of 207 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter x Tekken(2D) (aka: DLC: The Game)/Tekken x Street Fighter(3D)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    serious business alert
    My work called me to come in 5 hours early on my day off to work a 10 hour shift so somebody else could go on vacation. There's a chance that I may be using this as a vector for some tangential bitterness, but I won't know for sure until I've had some time and separation to really process things.

But seriously though, if we're going to go throwing around WORST. CHARACTER DESIGN. EVER. remarks the game that has 5 martial arts movie knockoffs and the same character palette swapped seven times has to at least get a mention.
    -Kyo

2. Tekken is easily exempt from worst character design ever. It does not come close to anything made by Rare or Naughty Dog. Even among fighting games, how about Vs. (it's hard to find a decent shot of these guys, but one of the characters is a taxi cab driver with a checkered pattern running down his face), Tobal No.1, or some Tao Feng. Tekken is nowhere close.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vs5.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	57018   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tobal1.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	57019   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	74923_full.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	57020  

3. I don't get how people call the Tekken characters uninteresting. I realize this is opinion-clash, but over the course of the main series Namco did more to advance the Tekken characters' story and development than any other fighting game series. This is not to put over Tekken as having GREAT storytelling (they've spinning the wheels a bit since the King of Iron Fist is now monthly occurrence)but the effort is there, in-game, to give you something more than just OH HEY THIS GUY IS A NINJA.
    tweet the wet sprocket

ultimate showdown

4. MY FATHER IS EVIL OR SOMETHING. ALSO THERE ARE SPIES AND A PANDA. CHEETAH MASK, YES! AND A ROBOT MAN AND A RAPTOR.

My favorite Tekken character is Gon. What a great comic!

Quote Originally Posted by Tekken Story
    A refit of the original Jack,Jack-2 was on test in a battlefield situation when he stumbled upon a child.Jack-2 and his contingent of droids were being tested for their response to chemical weapons when he halted his troops and rescued the child.He fled the restricted zone.The thought of the child's life that he almost destroyed was stored in his on-board memory.
    He fought his way to the Akihabara pursued by the Soviet military,anxious that the secrets in Jack-2's programming are erased so as not to fall into the wrong hands.Via his satellite link-up hardware,Jack-2 became aware that his creator,Dr Bosconovich,has been kidnapped.He sets about a rescue attempt,ploughing through all competitors and stopping at nothing till the doctor has been located.Should he rescue Bosconovich,Jack-2 shall ask the doctor to implant memory chips enabling him to feel human reason and emotion.
    Fuck you, Tekken.

Quote Originally Posted by More Tekken Story
    Roger jr.The 2nd militalized kangaroo who was born from a DNA operation. In the name of Kazuya Mishima,the 1st Roger was born from the developpment of militarized animals in Mishima Zaibatsu Biological Technology facility.
    Roger senior lived his silent life with his family after he entered the king of ironfist tournament 2. However,Roger was kidnapped by someone leaving his wife and son. Following this, the next king of ironfist tournament was announced, almost as if this were intended.

Roger Jr sensed a link between the tournament and his father's disappearance. For this reason, he decided to enter the tournament in his mother's pouch.
    No really.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 25 Jul 2010 at 05:42 PM. Reason: A nature maiden, she grew up in the wilds of Yakushima (a remote Japanese region)

5. The best Tekken character wasn't made by Namco, but still.

[edit] Fuck your edit, Yeller.

Name:	gon.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	167.7 KB 
ID:	57023  

6. My edit was GREAT. Admit it!

7. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    MY FATHER IS EVIL OR SOMETHING. ALSO THERE ARE SPIES AND A PANDA. CHEETAH MASK, YES! AND A ROBOT MAN AND A RAPTOR.

My favorite Tekken character is Gon. What a great comic!

Fuck you, Tekken.

No really.
    That's a fucking Gao Xingjian novel compared to the backstory in the SF II instructions.

Dhalsim: Dhalsim loves spicy food, so he can breathe fire!

Guile: Guile was a test pilot, and learned to throw sonic booms by flying experimental supersonic jets.

Zangief: One day Zangief was wrestling a bear, when a whirlwind picked them both up and spun them around. That's how he developed his spinning piledriver.

Blanka: Blanka was a guy who got electrocuted one day. Now he's a green monster.

Ryu: Ryu knows karate and just fights all the time. That is his entire personality.
    -Kyo

8. Exactly. Now you know the main strength of the Street Fighter storyline: that shit doesn't matter because it's a Fighting Game.

Would knowing where Bill's dad graduated college make Contra a better game? I submit that it would not, sir.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    SF vs. MK would probably have the same lame PG-rated fatalities that MK vs DC did, though. Capcom doesn't want Chun Li's ribcage exploded, and really, neither would I.

If you don't like Tekken, just pretend this is a new SF with an abnormal amount of new characters.
    I know the fatalities are a big part of what makes MK what it is, but it wouldn't bother me to not have them.

I much prefer the characters of MK over the generic goofy crap of Tekken. Capcom could defineatly tweak the gameplay of MK to match up better in the Street Fighter world, but it's obvious that the hardcore fighting fans wouldn't go for anything with MK attached to it.

10. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I much prefer the characters of MK over the generic goofy crap of Tekken.

Also: Nightwolf.

Name:	1492874510_11bb758d37.jpg 
Views:	733 
Size:	119.6 KB 
ID:	57026