Page 19 of 207 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter x Tekken(2D) (aka: DLC: The Game)/Tekken x Street Fighter(3D)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    SO even if she looked visually similar to Sarah in the Tekken 1 days (she didn't)

You're right, that shade of purple makes her a COMPLETELY different character.

Also, I love how your comment over backstory having nothing to do with character design still can't stop you from using nothing but to try and create differences. Please stick with one set of arguments. Doesn't help that Sarah was also an assassin that sometimes works with and sometimes fights against her sibling.
    And if Kazuya is just Ryu without a shirt, why aren't people referring to that as the "Kazuya Costume"?
    Why would people name later similarities after the ripoffs? I also await your actual response as to why the man dressed in nothing but white pants with red gloves is a totally different design from the man dressed in white pants with red gloves and matching shirt. I imagine it will have something to do with the way RP responds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nina01-152x300.jpg 
Views:	766 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	57054   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vf2_sarah.gif 
Views:	741 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	57055  

2. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    I like VF but even in Japan it's dead, has no tourney scene anywhere and there's nobody to play against. Those things count at the end of the day too. Sega really needs to do something to shake that franchise up.
    so that tougeki 5v5 team tournament with 1000 registrants I watched on ustream 2 weeks ago was some sort of figment of my imagination???

3. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    so that tougeki 5v5 team tournament with 1000 registrants I watched on ustream 2 weeks ago was some sort of figment of my imagination???
    That's different. That's a compulsory part of Japanese high school gym class.
    -Kyo

4. Quote Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
    Hilarious! Those are some SERIOUS gameplay upgrades!!! RAGE is Samurai Shodown and BOUND is just juggle shit from (insert game here). I'm sure the "new" characters share moves from existing characters and multi-levels do nothing that DOA hasn't done 5 years ago.
    Because Tekken 6 is the first fighting game that ever built off elements from other fighting games!

Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    it doesn't matter if vf has more generic characters it has better gameplay and that's what counts at the end of the day
    Then they need to get more people playing it! But then again we have seen what happens when Sega tries to make a game franchise more "interesting".... poor Sonic.

Has it been brought up yet that Tekken is one of the few game series where characters actually speak the language of the country they're from and not just English or Japanese? It'd be cool to see if Namco would do that for TxSF.
    Last edited by TODE; 27 Jul 2010 at 01:40 AM.
    tweet the wet sprocket

ultimate showdown

5. Nina and Sarah are both blond haired females. In the early days they both wore their hair in ponytails (it was hard to do long hairstyles in the early days of 3D, so most of the time girls had ponytails). Both of them have halter tops. Sarah is wearing pants, a belt, boots, and racing gloves. Nina is wearing long stockings, high heels, and some kind of arm stockings. Purple and blue are different colors! (and I'm pretty sure Sarah wore black in her original design) By your logic, any 2 Japanese characters in any game are pretty much the same person since they both have black hair. Do you think PAUL PHOENIX and Ken Masters are the same dude since they both have blond hair and red Gis as one of their costumes?

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Click for full size

Click for full size
    Click for full size

Click for full size
    Click for full size

Even with similar outfits, those dudes look the same to you, really? And that's completely discounting all of Kazs other costumes, which is how he's usually depicted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaz4.jpg 
Views:	747 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	57061   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaz1.jpg 
Views:	5068 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	57062   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ryusf4.jpg 
Views:	873 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	57063   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaz2.jpg 
Views:	3860 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	57064  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ryu.jpg 
Views:	808 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	57065   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ryu2.jpg 
Views:	766 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	57067  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

6. And how the hell would you know the Sarah story without going to wikipedia? The only VF game with any kind of endings or cutscenes is VF Kids. Nina has had 8 games worth of ending cutscenes, is involved in many other characters endings, and had a whole (terrible) game to herself to flesh out her story.

7. That's the thing with Tekken characters... even if one outfit is a rip-off, they have several more that are often unique... and change from game to game.

It's so funny to see people talk about these characters like they've just never taken more than a second look at them over the last 15 years of games... like Itagaki spread a virus or something, lol

Tekken-haters are coming to terms with ideas like "Welp, I may have to figure out how to fight a bear."
    Last edited by TODE; 27 Jul 2010 at 07:33 AM.
    tweet the wet sprocket

ultimate showdown

8. wow this thread got mighty stupid mighty fast

here let me finish this dumb argument: in fighting games, everything is ripped off from everything else and there hasn't been an original idea since at least 1998

edit: not 1998, probably 2002/2003 when virtua fighter 4 came out and introduced character customization

9. Rock n Roll. People hit people.

10. Seriously, shut the fuck up, fight people with fists in video games, don't attack our brains with this inane horse shit.