Page 9 of 207 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter x Tekken(2D) (aka: DLC: The Game)/Tekken x Street Fighter(3D)

1. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    I'm thinking of changing the name of this to the Official TNL Fronts on Tekken Thread. Like any of you even understand it, posers.
    Like most people on TNL understand the first thing about fighting games in general.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    Like most people on TNL understand the first thing about fighting games in general.
    There are plenty of good SF players here, but most of the criticism I read about Tekken seems stuck in 1997.
    -Kyo

3. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    There are plenty of good SF players here, but most of the criticism I read about Tekken seems stuck in 1997.
    Mine comes from as recent as 5DR, which I own. I still don't like how it feels.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I fucking hate the people in the audience here.
    Seconded. They could use Ritalin.

Anyway, if this were a full Namco vs. Capcom- I'd have liked to see some Time Crisis bosses such as Jack Mathers (as another slow/strong fighter like Jack-6 & Marduk, but with Terror Bite projectile attacks), Wild Dog (let him use the 357 and the TC4 gravity gun), and Wild Fang (Kick a 2 ton metal crate at the opponent? Win.). On the Capcom side, bring in Nathan Spencer.

Seeing Jack-6 get the self-destruct attack shown in Tekken 5's intro would be cool. This could be treated like Yoshimitsu's seppuku. Give it limited range and incur 50% damage on Jack if it doesn't connect, but gravely damage the opponent if it does.

5. Quote Originally Posted by PBMax View Post
    Tekken char dashed through a couple Ryu fireballs
    That'd be mainstay Kazuya using his Wave Dash, which used Tekken's version of a dragon-punch motion (tap forward, hold down-forward). I'm not sure if it can dodge the few projectile attacks that exist in Tekken games but giving it this property adds a new wrinkle to it. I look forward to seeing what else they can come up with. Paul's Phoenix Smasher (the YEARRRGH punch) having projectile-deflection added to it would be cool.

I am actually quite interested in these two crossovers. There have been attempts made to make Tekken-esque characters in 2D-fighters before*, it will interesting to see Capcom take a crack at it.

Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo View Post
    most of the criticism I read about Tekken seems stuck in 1997.
    At least no-one's complaining about how long it takes to get up from a knockdown anymore...

*The one big instance I can think of SNK's Hotaru having a lot of the same moves/stances as Tekken's Xiaoyu. Lei's going to be interesting to see in 2D...
    Last edited by TODE; 25 Jul 2010 at 02:49 AM.
    tweet the wet sprocket

ultimate showdown

Limiting it to Street Fighter and Tekken removed any chance of interesting characters even. This couldn't even get worse if it were a DS exclusive.

7. SFIV Tag Tournament sounds good to me.

I understand and welcome the asset recycling, as being able to transplant SFIV's cast guarantees a huge roster. If they had to create entirely new assets we'd be looking at a small lineup comprised mostly of the boring old SFII cast.

8. I'd rather have Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat. I have no connection with the characters of Tekken, since the first couple of games did nothing for me.

9. SF vs. MK would probably have the same lame PG-rated fatalities that MK vs DC did, though. Capcom doesn't want Chun Li's ribcage exploded, and really, neither would I.

If you don't like Tekken, just pretend this is a new SF with an abnormal amount of new characters.

I'm looking forward to Lili (probably the closest we're going to get to having Karin back) and Bryan Fury, at least.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 25 Jul 2010 at 11:38 AM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I'd rather have Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat. I have no connection with the characters of Tekken, since the first couple of games did nothing for me.
    Ugh.

*Braces for attack by TNL Mortal Kombat joke squad*

On his podcast Shidoshi called out Tekken as the worst mainstream fighting franchise, but, y'know, I call bs on that because it supports the second largest high-level tournament scene in the world and plenty of the top SF guys are Tekken players too (I think Tokido actually has more hours on Tekken than SF). I respect the hell out of those top Tekken guys because to learn all the matchups in that game you have to memorize a fucking phone book of moves and learn to react to them in 2 frames.

But man, if you're looking for something to give that "worst mainstream " crown to, MK is it. The last EGM had a huge feature with Ed Boon and that guy is living in his own world, thinking he's on the same level as Ono and trying to get the next MK into Evo. And telling phony ass stories about how his game wasn't influenced by SF and "was in development at the same time" despite the fact that it came out more than a year later and he says he made it in 8 months. Ed, your game is fun to mash around with casually for a couple of hours but that's as far as it goes. There's a reason you've made 8 billion MK games and sold a ton of copies yet no real tournament scene has ever come of it.

Props for him being the announcer voice though, didn't know that.
    -Kyo