Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need for Speed: No Limits (Android, iOS)

Need for Speed: No Limits (Android, iOS)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    EA has announced Need for Speed: No Limits, a new mobile and tablet game headed to iPhones, iPads and Android devices.

No Limits is in development at Real Racing 3 studio Firemonkeys, for launch at some point in 2015.

There's no word yet on how the game will be monetised, however - whether it will follow the same free-to-play format that ruined Real Racing 3 for Eurogamer's Martin Robinson.

The first in-game footage of No Limits lies below, in a new trailer that also guest stars rally driver Ken Block.

"We've built No Limits from the ground up to deliver the insanely-fast driving and incredible graphics that fans have come to expect from Need for Speed - all in the palm of your hand," executive producer Robert Huebner explained in a new EA blog post.

"The team at Firemonkeys has also been bringing Need for Speed to mobile gamers for years, and it's an honor and a privilege to once again get behind the wheel of this incredible franchise and redefine street racing on mobile."

2014 is the first year in over a decade without a full Need for Speed game for PC or consoles.
    Link

If this has MFI controller support, I'll likely give it a whirl, as I'm taking that plunge over the holidays.

2. uh oh, Ken Block is in it, I am out

I was having a great time with Dirt 3 and then all the sudden Ken Block showed up and said "You like this so far? Fuck you, here's some different stuff" and then I was smashing styrofoam things with my car in a parking lot

3. Real Racing 3 is pretty darn good.

The whole series is. This could be a legitimately good NFS, though I am partial to the Hot Pursuit/Most Wanted subseries.

5. I hated Most Wanted. Like, really hated it.

Rivals is really good.

6. Firemonkeys is an incredibly talented team but the monetization issue is a serious question given what happened to Real Racing 3. And given how financially successful RR3 was I expect the worst.

7. Any form of freemium at all and I'm out.

How about fifty-threemium?