Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cowboys and Aliens

1. Harrison Ford totally took a peek in that ark of the covenant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

This is the sequel to Prey: Indians and Aliens.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. I was going downtown to see Captain America tonight and my friend actually got advanced screening passes to this so I went (since it's free).

I have to say that I was the first in line to say this looked like nothing but nerd service pandering (like Sucker Punch) but I actually really liked it. Aside from the aliens being apparently indestructible at the start and then somehow less imposing towards the end like all of these kinds of movies the whole thing was legitimately good. I never really liked the reason the aliens were snatching people, though (that's in the trailer so I don't think it's a spoiler). There were some great moments (GIVE ME YOUR HAND --I KNOW HOW TO GET US OUT OF THESE THINGS) and all of the players did an okay job. Harrison Ford was on the ball in this, too. Very crass and tenured.

If you were waiting on a poor recommendation to halt your advance to this shit I won't be the man to stop you. For artsy types I will also say that the movie looked and felt very solid. Favreau did all good things composition-wise and didn't seem in any particular rush to get through the scenes (perfect, especially for a western inspired flick). Favreau seemed content to let the scene dictate its own pace. Not Coen Brothers amazing but still impressive.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 27 Jul 2011 at 11:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. LOL New Wookie bitch.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

5. I liked this movie.

6. I'd probably be way more motivated to see this if it wasn't for the absolutely stupid title. I may try and get around to it though after I see Captain America.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

7. This was a really great movie, but I agree about the stupid title.

8. I also really enjoyed the movie, and surprised by the lukewarm reviews I checked out afterwards. It was pretty by the numbers, but it was well done and well acted, for the most part. Harrison Ford was great as a salty old fuck.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

9. I have a feeling he was playing himself.