Thread: Priest

1. Film Priest

And another one.

Director: Scott Stweart

Actors:
    Paul Bettany - Ivan Isaacs (Priest)
    Cam Gigandet - Hicks, Wasteland Sheriff
    Maggie Q - Priestess
    Karl Urban - Black Hat,[5]a former Christian and currently a Satanist who is a cult leader of a group of vampires
    Christopher Plummer
    Brad Dourif
    Stephen Moyer - Aaron (Mortal Brother)[6]
    Lily Collins[7]
    Mädchen Amick - Shannon[8]

Plot:
    Set 100 years from now after the war between Christians and Satanists, the film is about a Christian warrior priest (Paul Bettany) who disobeys church law by teaming with a young sheriff (Cam Gigandet) and a priestess (Maggie Q) to track down a cult of vampire outlaws that is led by a former Christian and now a Satanic priest, Black Hat, who kidnapped his niece before they brainwash her.

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/tnl/med...priest-trailer
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. Looks pretty cool. Definitely will be checking it out.

I was under the impression it was based on the Korean comic of the same name. The western period piece about fallen angels turning earth into another hell, and a priest who was killed, crucified and brought back to life going around dispatching undead justice....
    It looks interesting. but i think i would have liked to have seen the adaption of the comic.

4. I would like to have seen a biopic about the guy who writes comics and changed his name and is a little crazy and blames everyone for why his stuff always blows up in his face (though Black Panther and Quantum and Woody were really solid books!)

5. second trailer.

I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

I like it even less. I think ill skip this. Im too much of a fan of the korean comic to give this a chance. They couldnt have at least givin him a Tommy Gun taht shoots silver shot? whatever.

7. Pass. Looks pandering and dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

I want to see this.

9. This movie was so fucking bad.

I picked it up from Redbox a little while back out of curiosity, and it was pretty bad. It has a lot of good ideas actually, but those ideas weren't executed very well and the movie falls flat. In the hands of a different director and someone to rewrite the script it could have been awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.