Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 212141516171820 ... LastLast

Thread: Sucker Punch

1. I don't think he's crazy far off though, the Ritz theaters used to have $5 or $6 matinees not that long ago. I miss those places. I know those don't really play the same movies as AMC or whatever, but still.

Anyway, I don't know what exactly you're arguing with, I was just saying Ad lives in the Philly metro area and it's nowhere near me. I'm not driving 2 hours to see a movie.

2. I didn't see your first response where you clarified how you weren't being retarded.

But still, movies are $11 everywhere, so saying "YOU'RE NOT IN NYC" when someone says some theater shows movies for $4 is kind of retarded. It's more like "YOU'RE NOT AT A MAJOR MOVIE THEATER COMPANY'S THEATER".

3. The $11 ticket thing is definitely NOT just an NYC thing, but it isn't everywhere either, so I'm not going to sit around and argue with him about it, you know?

The highest ticket price in MS is like 8 or 9.

Its 6 if you go before 5. It used to be 6 after midnight too, but I think that is now 7.

5. In my line of work I rarely pay for movies tickets, but on the occasions that I do, I could swear they're higher than $11, at least around where I live.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. It's $11 everywhere here in the Hampton Roads area of VA. The big AMC I go to does $5 matinees, but I think matinees are $7-$9 at all the Regals around here.
    2 GET GUD @ OVERWATCH + SWIGGITYSIX#1322

7. Upstate NY is pretty cheap ($5-8) but I think average prices now are like 12. Weekends are even more. When I saw sucker punch, I noticed that they put up calorie counts on the menu now. Cheese Nachos are 1200 fucking calories?

8. Well, this shit was worth the $5 i paid for it. Fuck you Dole, first and most. I'ant got no time to defend this in any way or form (nor I care or want to anyways), but it it helped me to waste out 2 hours of my Sat morning, and I enjoyed the pretty girls blowing CGI shit up on the screen. For all of 20 mins worth of that anyways.

Call me an idiot, or whatever, I don't give a shit. Its not not a good movie, but kept it me in the sit till the end, and I maybe someday, when I'm bored and got a 1080p blue ray rip, fast forward through to watch the action bits.

Also, this has to be repeated: Taken is fucking AWEOSOME.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Despair View Post
    but kept it me in the sit
    Here go hell come.
    Boo, Hiss.

10. LOL Fuck u, you know what was being meant there. So I ain't changing that. More funny that ways.