Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Sucker Punch

1. Now I want to watch Taken because Frog hates it.

2. This was a pretty bad movie. It would've been an awesome miniseries, but as a singular movie the pacing is absolutely horrible and drags everything down. I kept wishing it was over already even though I was really enjoying all the individual pieces. Emily Browning also looks really awkward in the fight scenes. She reminds me of an action figure, where you place it in a pose but there are parts that obviously won't react naturally and gives it a stiff look.

I would recommend that anyone interested in this wait for the DVD and then watch it in segments. You'll miss out on the big movie screen effect but it'll be a lot more enjoyable.

I watched it. I enjoyed it. The movie has a lot more depth to it than most people are going to get from it. You are essentially watching life from the perspective of someone that has become so depressed, fucked up, whatever, that she has become delusional. In fact, most of the movie takes place in an insane asylum (maybe you gathered this from the previews). The fights and dance shit are just her delusions and shit she makes up to accept the horribleness of her situation. I'm not sure if it was intended, but I think that is kind of why all the fights are so childish or 12 year old boy. That is the kind of shit nerdy people day dream about, and the main character is withdrawn into her day dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    And I'm not completely clear on what was actually happening in the (real world) during the video game levels.
    she was being raped. Or at least beaten.

The dancing club world and the battles were both in her head. The dancing was her lying to herself about the rape to make the event acceptable in her mind. And the battles were her further disconnecting from her self during the rape.

This rape thing is subtly communicated at the end when they put the girl in the room and tie her down. They've either been raping her or beating her, or both. The dude's partners feel bad about raping a brain dead girl and want to stop. And the main guy cries because he has ruined something he has fallen in love with. He was one of those sick guys who destroys and abuses everything he cares about. He loved her and destroyed her.

Or maybe they didn't rape her and she just fucked the whole staff while the others got the tools they needed. Either / or. They don't make it super clear.

But yeah, the whole movie is someone that is batshit crazy getting raped/fucked while her friends sneak around to get tools to try to escape from an insane asylum. She fails, becomes brain dead. The end. Everything you saw was the lie the crazy person made up to deal with the situation she was in.

Last edited by Fe 26; 26 Mar 2011 at 10:45 AM.

4. The movie has a lot more depth to it than most people are going to get from it.
    Does it? Because I got "Crazy girl has problems and crazy dreams/delusions that are kind of parallel to said problems and she deals with them with katanas and super powers in her mind or something" just from the trailer.

oh, firstblood

6. The professor...
    Boo, Hiss.

7. I think that's been pretty clear in the previews and such.

well when I said most people, I was talking about all of you...

Anyway, you people can be all "der, thats so obvious" but the fact remains that no one is talking about that. They're is almost no discussion about what the movie is really about online. People are just shitting on it because they find the visuals to be cliche. No one is talking about the plot or what anything stood for. I can type "sucker punch rape" into google and not find a damn thing.

I guess you can say "well it was all so obvious so why talk about the story" well, the visuals were just as obvious, so why talk about that either?

10. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    The professor...