Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Sucker Punch

1. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    Fine, go watch it, and realize all the while that your $10 went to someone who takes every piece of nerd shit ever and throws it at a wall to see what sticks, that you could've made a better movie with the same material. When you describe something as "Alice and Wonderland with machine guns" you should stop and feel reeeeeally embarrassed.
    FYI: Finch called it.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. I'd have to be pretty brain-damaged to expect anything meaningful from a movie with the marketing campaign this movie had.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

3. I didn't really like this movie at all. Everything fell apart the second she was brought to the mental institution and all of the imagined realities started taking place. I really enjoyed the first scene of the movie and there were bits here and there that I really liked but it just didn't add together at all.

With that said I loved every minute that Amber was onscreen.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

4. The short haired girl was a cutie.

So, saw this, really bad movie! Had some really great imagery though. The use of music was verrrrry bad; it's kind of like how somebody REALLY WANTS YOU TO LISTEN TO THIS ONE SONG and it has all kinds of personal significance for them, you listen, and it kind of falls flat without that context? Snyder put his "inspiration mix playlist" in the movie instead of handing it off to a composer, and we all feel awkward as a result.

I wonder what the same movie with a female directing/writing the non-action scenes would have been like?
    Last edited by YellerDog; 28 Mar 2011 at 12:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I wonder what the same movie with a female directing/writing the non-action scenes would have been like?
    It would've been more like other movies that said female directed/wrote.

6. Indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

7. Except they wouldn't have wrote it? Sometimes collaboration works sometimes it doesn't. 300 was terrific because it had unedited, in your face action. It was stylish and faithful to the source. But old Franky wrote that. Zack just had to adapt it. Isn't this his first non-adaptation? It was pandering to his base - too much so. I was going to see this sometime but all of this shit talk and I'm going to wait till it's free OnDemand.

And I want to see Your Highness anyway. I loved Pineapple Express and it's by the same guys (starring the same guys).
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. Man, this flick's got all the internet in a hate bonanza. Knew I should stay away the second I saw the movie was a fetch quest.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html

9. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    The short haired girl was a cutie.
    Jenna Malone?

I've got a thing for her.
    Boo, Hiss.

10. This movie sucked, and if you like it, you're a fucking idiot.

The ultimate plotless, all style/no substance movie populated with vapid characters with zero personality. You care about nothing at all while watching it. Nothing.

Each time annoying dumbfuck douchebag Scott Glenn laid out the girls' mission objectives, it felt like it was the set-up for a videogame level, which is all this retarded movie really was.

Oh, but what about the supposed "hidden depth?" You can make up all the shit you want about this. I don't care.

This shitbomb is everything that is wrong with modern movies. It actually depressed me more than anything else. If Emily Browning hadn't been in it, it would have been unbearable to sit through. It still almost was.

Superman will blow.

Despair racing in to defend this in 3...2...1...
    Last edited by Dolemite; 29 Mar 2011 at 12:37 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww