Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

...may be released as two movies.
    Double Double Toil and Trouble? Two DEATHLY HALLOWS?

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I've been catching up with my Potters in high def this week and low and behold a nice juicy Potter rumor hits the nets.

Word is that the crew of the Potter series have been told to plan for the final book, THE DEATHLY HALLOWS, to be filmed and released as two movies. Apart from an obvious financial angle, this also makes a whole lot of sense considering just how dense and long the final book is. I love it and I love the idea of doing the book justice with more screen time dedicated to the adaptation, just as long as they release the movies MATRIX-like within a few months of each other. I think it'd also make the release of the final chapter of this huge franchise a little more special, too... makes it more of an event.

I've loved the Potter books and movies both, but there hasn't been one that has gotten it completely right. For my money, AZKABAN was the best movie of the series, but there are places I wish even that had explored more (like the origin of the Map). Overall, I love the increasing darkness of the movies so far... and my favorite reads are Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows, both of which are still to come.

It's exciting times and I can't wait to see what develops.
    This is a good idea IMO. An awful lot happens, not much of which could feasibly be cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Oh I don't know... half the book was "They're camping, nothing is being accomplished, Ron and Harry are fighting"

You can cut ALL of that shit out.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Oh I don't know... half the book was "They're camping, nothing is being accomplished, Ron and Harry are fighting"

That's what I was thinking as well. Although the parts that were good in Deathly Hallows were very good, I did find myself often thinking, "Enough, get to the point, stop whinning about how Dumbledore didn't love you..."

4. Did I fall into a time warp where the 6th one already came out?

5. This was inevitable if they wanted to do the movie justice at all. I'm so glad to hear this Yes, there was some slow points in the book, but I'd rather get all the good stuff and some boring stuff than have the book butchered to fit in a 3 hour movie. It may be mostly business and money that prompted this decision, but it works out for the fans too.

6. Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    Did I fall into a time warp where the 6th one already came out?
    The 6th one is being filmed now, if they were really smart they would have filmed 6 and 7 together, ala lord of the rings. With how big 7 is and trying to figure out how they're going to do it justice, they're going to need to go into pre-production now for it. Specially if they want it filmed while the kids are still young.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. I don't think Deathly Hallows has a screenplay yet, there's no one to write it now. I'm hoping they get Del Toro to direct, he said he wants to do it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Oh I don't know... half the book was "They're camping, nothing is being accomplished, Ron and Harry are fighting"

IAWTP.

The entire middle is them camping. I get it. Just show me the good shit and make it a three and a half hour movie.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    I don't think Deathly Hallows has a screenplay yet, there's no one to write it now. I'm hoping they get Del Toro to direct, he said he wants to do it.
    They need to jump on that shit like now.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

10. They could fit Deathly Hallows into one movie. But if doing Snape justice means splitting it into two movies, then that's what they have to do.