Page 15 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

1. Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    Thank god single fire mode is back.
    QFT.

2. 10 minutes of multiplayer footage. Not great quality but its something:

3. Looks like that was all taken from that awful live steam they had up - DICE actually apologized for that. For some reason the idiots running it barely showed the game and spent all the time doing interviews asking the dumbest questions: "Is prone in the game?"

I can see BF2 diehards looking at that map and being massively disappointed - but its a rush map and it looks like a damn good one. Its strange they decided to show off rush and not conquest first - but for what it is it looks pretty insane. Very very very detailed. Tons of passageways and rooms/stores. In all of the streams, no one showed anyone even remotely close to the objectives - and boy do those players love to camp at the top of those escalators. Even when someone went well past the escalators the objectives were still a ways off.

If anyone hasn't heard - jets are only going to be in conquest. I dont see them working in the narrow, forced direction design of rush anyways. It looks like rush is going to stick at 32 players max on pc. CQ will be 64.

Another thing from the show I read - all the PCs they set up you could only play as the attackers. The defenders were over in Sweden. DICE using the show as some alpha network testing...
    Last edited by Destro777; 11 Jun 2011 at 01:21 PM.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

4. All interesting stuff. They're supposed to be showing the console versions of the game on jimmy Fallon this thursday if GAf is to be believed. I'm sure it'll be all over the net in a matter of hours afterwards. Looking forward to any and all info I can find on this game. The E3 stuff does seem SUPER early tho, looks like summer will be crunchtime for Dice.

5. In a newer interview DICE said this is really their first game ever that they are pressured to get it done in a Holiday launch - but theyre looking forward to it. Usually it's been, when its done its done. Even then everyone knows DICE games never work for the first week or 2. Strange so much is unfinished at this stage being that its been in development for 3 years. I hate to say it but there's probably a chance itll get delayed.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

6. Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    In a newer interview DICE said this is really their first game ever that they are pressured to get it done in a Holiday launch - but theyre looking forward to it. Usually it's been, when its done its done. Even then everyone knows DICE games never work for the first week or 2. Strange so much is unfinished at this stage being that its been in development for 3 years. I hate to say it but there's probably a chance itll get delayed.
    Man, I hope EA's burning ambition to bury Modern Warfare 3 doesn't force DICE to release a sub-par game. Look what happened when Microsoft forced Bungie to release Halo 2 in 2004.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

7. No way this is getting delayed. This is EA's big game. They have to get it out before COD. Me personally, i'd rather have a complete game rather than a rushed game thats pressured by its competitors. Still, its not gonna happen.

8. This game will be buggy as shit when it launches.

9. The sun will rise tomorrow as well.

10. This game looks sick. I hope the 360 version will still look good since I have no plans to buy a new videocard to play 1 game.