Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Im not going to listen to what Best Buy lists on their site for a game that no one has seen yet. Read what the DICE dev said in my post above yours.
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

2. I can't believe i'm actually looking forward to my copy of Game Informer coming in the mail! Fucking end of days shit right there.

3. Ditto bro!
    NowPlaying: Battlefield series . DarkSouls . MGS collection . Cap+SNK fighters . AceCombat series . ArmoredCore series

4. Some impressions from the GI article:

"-Aiming for CY Q4 2011 release
    -Concept for BF3 has been in the works for years, waiting on proper tech to seamlessly come together
    -Frosbite 2.0 is the culmination of this tech, entirely re-written
    -Lighting sounds neat, one "probe" contains more lighting information than an entire BFBC2 level.
    -Level destruction is going to be "believable" but basically everything is destructible.
    -Character animations powered by ANT, what EA Sports uses.
    -AI characters and multiplayer characters have different animation sets
    -No more "gliding" animations that look off, animation realism is a focus
    -Captured their own war audios (bullets, tanks, helicopters, etc) at different distances to ensure realism
    -Better audio cues for certain actions, more easily able to listen for threats
    -Plan on better, more immediate post release content
    -More unlocks than BFBC2
    -Dice trying to find a good balance between customization of your character and not having "pink rabbit hat(s)"
    -4 classes
    -Will talk about squads "later"
    -Looking into a theater mode but can't talk about it
    -Will have co-op
    -There will be a kill-cam but it can be turned off
    -BF3's team is almost twice as big as the team for BFBC2
    -They want the pacing of the single player mode to be balanced, with highs and lows. Makes the comparison to a song vs a guitar solo.
    -Part of the single player mode takes place in Sulaymaniyah - Iraqi Kurdistan.
    -"Fuck" will be used often, so M rated for sure
    -There will be an earthquake in a level. The destruction sounds very impressive. 7 story building collapses, looks very well done
    -Significant narrative that goes with the SP mode
    -More than one setting, you're not in the middle east for the whole game
    -PC version is lead version
    -Why 64 players for PC only? No complains from the console crowd.
    -No mod tools at release. Maybe none down the line either. Frosbite 2.0 is complex and mods tools would have to be dumbed down, so does Dice really want to put their time to that or would it be better spent elsewhere?
    -Original story, not based on Bad Company at all."

Also a quick article about DLC:
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-dlc-mistakes/

All signs are unfortunately pointing to 24 players on console and zero mod tools on PC. Creativity on PC is crushed.

edit: more info-

"* Prone will be on all 3 platforms, not just PC
    * Dolphin Driving/Dropshooting will not work.
    * Spotting (in an undecided form) will be making a return
    * While the PC version will have up to 64 player online matches, the number is limited to 24 on consoles
    * There will be a friendly fire option, turned off by default
    * Knives and dogtags will return
    * There will be no ziplines or grapple hooks
    * There will be bullet drop, but “Doesn’t work the same as BC2 though, it’s a much deeper system.“
    * No tracer darts"

http://techspotlight.net/news/new-battlefield-3-details

Looka like 24 players for console is confirmed. The writing is on the wall, Destro
    Last edited by Changeling; 08 Feb 2011 at 11:36 AM.

5. Some videos of Gameinformer's trip to Dice and talks about BF3 and their philosophy:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...lefield-3.aspx

Also, YEARS in the maiking.... the 2142 final patch goes live Feb 15th!

6. Big week. MVC3 + 2142. I hear that patch has a lot of new maps too.

Ive been avoiding all that BF3 info until I read the GI article for myself. My issue still hasnt arrived.

7. Just following DICE dev twitters and Magnum Ammo and Body armor have been confirmed yet again to NOT be in BF3. Excellent news.

Also...

BF2142 patch is out!!! Who says DICE doesnt support their games? Its been like 5 years since release. 2GB, new maps, and northern strike is in there. NS is awesome with that huge heavily armored vehicle. Sedition do you play that?

Ill be on Xfire conrooks throughout the week.
    Last edited by Destro777; 16 Feb 2011 at 11:08 AM.

8. I have it.. just never really got into it. I might have to install it again and check it out. I think I was burnt out on BF2 when 2142 dropped.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

9. Finally got my issue of GameInformer.

10. Its looking grim for commanders... motherfuckers.