Thread: Extraction (Splash Damage, Free To Play)

1. PC Extraction (Splash Damage, Free To Play)

The makers of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, Quake Wars, and Brink are putting out a new multiplayer-only, free-to-play shooter on PC:

Looks like Brink 2, basically. I enjoyed Brink, but the game was crippled by lag on consoles. I never played the PC version of Brink, so I don't know if the lag was any better on it.

You can sign up for the closed beta now:

https://secure.warchest.com/dirtybomb/
    Last edited by jyoung; 27 Aug 2013 at 02:29 PM.

2. No thanks.

3. Brink was unplayable on PC. Disappointing coming off Quake Wars.

This game doesn't look like it'll have a prayer against the other FTP heavyweights. I'd rather play Tribes or Hawken over this anyday. This game doesn't have the "hook". Now if they were making a new Wolf game, I'd be going nuts.

4. It would not surprise me if Splash Damage went out of business and shut down after this game.

5. You're probably right. Who knows how many people are left from the old Splash Damage team anyway.

6. Looks alright to me, although I don't usually get into multiplayer-only shooters for very long. I liked Quake Wars, and it's free so I'd be lying to myself if I said I wasn't going to try it out.

7. Maybe it has some specific selling point, like really low system requirements.

8. Alright isn't good enough, even for free. It's not 2010 anymore.

9. Game has been renamed "Extraction" and is going to be at PAX Seattle this weekend.

Splash Damage is also doing the multiplayer mode for Batman: Arkham Origins.