Page 1 of 42 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

1. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

IGN has detailed hands-on impressions that mention both positives and some genuine concerns.

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/706/706030p1.html

Aside from giving more precise control, I hope the Wii is able to move the series foward and add a new dimension to the gameplay (which it seems due for).

2. Has Retro done any work on the graphics? It doesn't look that much better than Echoes.

3. From the impressions it seems like the graphics improved, but not so significantly that it's "unrecognizeable". It seems like they have enough horsepower to expand the game (the IGN guy mentions environments being much larger) which seems like good step. I'm probably being too lenient by saying this but since retro doesn't have to completely overhaul the graphics for a 'typical' next gen upgrade, it should hopefully mean they can dedicate more time to actually taking the gameplay to the next level before the series starts to stagnate.

Back when metroid prime 2 came out, I was concerned with the series just getting a major graphical upgrade for the 3rd part and not really expanding on the gameplay. Hopefully the Wii will allow them to add not just to the control, but to gameplay elements like puzzle solving, combat, and exploration.
    Last edited by Tonic the Drunkhog; 10 May 2006 at 01:52 AM.

4. Seriously, the guy in the video ducks into a ball shape, and starts jumping.

Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

5. Gameplay video from the show floor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZppOoh_Hek
    -Kyo

Quote Originally Posted by BrAnDX105
    Seriously, the guy in the video ducks into a ball shape, and starts jumping.

That shit blew my mind.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

7. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    Gameplay video from the show floor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZppOoh_Hek
    That grapple/lasso move looked kind of cool.

8. hmm. I don't think I like the way aiming is more all over the screen as opposed to keeping the target centered. Even this may become a problem in multi-player games if you can't quick turn to save your ass. They had it done quite nicely with Hunters, so hopefully they'll correct this.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

9. Quote Originally Posted by BrAnDX105
    Seriously, the guy in the video ducks into a ball shape, and starts jumping.

You will too, once you play the game O_o.

And I think the whole aiming all over the screen all depends on how sensitive the controls are to turning. If it takes too long to turn, then yeah, it could definitely be a problem. I'm personally excited to be able to aim anywhere without turning the entire character though, it seems much more realistic and less like I'm controlling a tank as in other FPSs. Having your gun and arm welded to your chest like in practically all other FPSs may work, but it doesn't really make sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Jetman
    That grapple/lasso move looked kind of cool.
    I swear to God I thought that said "That grab ass move..." at first.