Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piranha 3D

1. Piranha 3D

How is there no thread for this yet? It looks fucking fantastic.

A li'l history for y'all.

James Cameron directed the second one, for real.

2. I thought he was more second-unit on it. I know one of the fish-props was the basis for the Aliens facehugger rig!

3. He directed it, but really he was only responsible for shooting it, the producer did all the editing, which Cameron didn't like at all, Maybe they'll let him make a recut, like with Superman 2. He mentions Piranah 2 in the DVD commentary for T2.

Edit: According to EW, Eli Roth has a cameo, and he lamented on how he used over 5000 gallons of blood in Hostel, and how when he got to the set, they were already somewhere in the 7000 gallon range.
    Last edited by Shine; 02 Aug 2010 at 06:29 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I thought he was more second-unit on it. I know one of the fish-props was the basis for the Aliens facehugger rig!
    He "directed" it, but the crew didn't really speak English and he was excluded from post-production. I think they hired him because it spared them the expense of having to hire a special effects guy.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Edit: According to EW, Eli Roth has a cameo, and he lamented on how he used over 5000 gallons of blood in Hostel, and how when he got to the set, they were already somewhere in the 7000 gallon range.
    500 for Hostel.

6. Does a horror movie being deliberately campy ever work? Piranha 3 looks kind of awesome and I really like creature features which is a dead genre so I'll end up seeing it (on netflix).

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    He "directed" it, but the crew didn't really speak English and he was excluded from post-production. I think they hired him because it spared them the expense of having to hire a special effects guy.
    He was initially hired on for effects and made director after the first had walked out, also, the crew were veterans of the genre, so they were plenty capable of filling his requests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    Does a horror movie being deliberately campy ever work? Piranha 3 looks kind of awesome and I really like creature features which is a dead genre so I'll end up seeing it (on netflix).
    Um... Grindhouse, Black Dynamite, and Snakes on a Plane, so yeah, they do. No 3D = No go see.

8. I'm pretty sure black dynamite isn't a horror movie, and snakes on a plane isn't really either. I've never seen grindhouse, but it looked a lot more like an action flick than a horror one not sure though obviously. I'm not trying to nitpick too hard but campy generally=lazy when it comes to horror.

9. I don't get why everyone loves Eli Roth. He made one really great movie and the rest are shit.
    Boo, Hiss.

10. Because this: