Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ARBM's Clean My Closet Thread (<$10 games)

1. It's in ARBM's Wiki page.
    Last edited by MonsterMash; 06 Aug 2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Thoroughly beaten by Advocate.

2. Oh shit, I found it on his wiki

KoF's review is gospel, but those looking for something a little more in depth can read on.

Recreating Contact (DS) in Ten Easy Steps

You will need:

1 computer 1 printer 1 working stove 1 twenty dollar bill 1 piece scotch tape 1 friend, family member, or coworker 1 copy of Diablo 1 frying pan

Instructions:

1) Place the $20 bill in the frying pan, and the frying pan on the stove top.

2) Set the burner to "High" and walk away.

While that cooks, it's time to get to work on recreating Contact's exhilarating combat system!

3) Print the following screenshot.

4) Using scotch tape, adhere the image to the very top of your laptop, recreating the "dual screen" effect.

5) Install and run Diablo. If at all possible, try to configure it to run at half speed.

6) Ask a friend, family member, or coworker to play it. Sorry, you'll not be interacting with the game.

7) Watch them play for a couple of hours.

8) Return to the stove. You'll notice that your efforts yielded nothing of significance, maybe a chunk of carbon at best. You'll also notice that your $20 is gone.

9) Repeat Step 7.

10) Repeat Step 7.

Congratulations, you've just experienced Contact!

Frequently Asked Questions:
    • What was the purpose of burning the $20 bill?
    The purpose was two-fold, actually. In reducing the bill into a chunk of carbon, you've both relieved yourself of $20 (the going rate for a copy of Contact) and recreated the excitement of Contact's celebrated cooking system.

• Why did I tape that screenshot of a professor and a cat to my monitor? It's not doing anything; it's pointless.
    Exactly.

3. A lot of nerve.

4. sent you a PM

5. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Not in a world where Jeremy has a Shenmue 2 review.
    It was a significant victory for commas everywhere.

6. Quote Originally Posted by plik View Post
    sent you a PM
    doh, just re-read the top part of your post, i'll guess i'll e-mail you.

7. haha, contact is so bad.

8. I'll take that Hydlide and that Rebel Assault Sega CD if it's complete. I can PayPal you this weekend.

9. No doubt. If you email me your address, I'll try to ship it in advance. I know you're good for it.

10. Thanks! Sent.