Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Virginity Hit

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm not trying to defend this movie. At all.
    But can't you say that pretty much every movie from 1939 on isn't original?
    100% original? Probably not. Just fitting into the known realm of films require you not be.

Relatively? Sure. I'd say Alien was relatively original when it came out.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Is this like some home-shot fake trailer shit or is it the cheapest movie ever made?
    No, it's a pro movie made to look amateur. Still cheap, just not El Mariachi, BWP, Primer cheap.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    But can't you say that pretty much every movie from 1939 on isn't original?
    Blade Runner.

4. Dark City.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. This is silly. There are plenty of original-original movies out there. Many of them unwatchable. Lots of good ones too!

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    100% original? Probably not. Just fitting into the known realm of films require you not be.

Relatively? Sure. I'd say Alien was relatively original when it came out.
    Wrongo-pongo. Alien is basically a really rad revision of It! The Terror From Beyond Space* when you get right down to it... "Aliens" is pretty balls-out original, not many Vietnam movies set (down) on LV-426.

*Both apparently borrowed heavily from A.E. Van Vogt's "Voyage of the Space Beagle" series, but I've not read it so I can't say. The author sued both productions!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	It_the_terror_from_beyond_space.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	57301   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	57302  
    Last edited by YellerDog; 12 Aug 2010 at 01:13 AM. Reason: regardless, Alien erased all sci-fi/horror that came before it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    You make it sound like American Pie was original.
    Wait, didn't it start nerds are cool scene of the past ten years? I know there was Revenge of the Nerds, but that didn't start a fashion trend where kids were actively trying to look like dorks the way American Pie, Napoleon Dynamite, and Superbad have.

See this: