Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: iTunes alternatives

1. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    How fucking annoying it is with trying to sell me shit, trying to sync crap and change formats and rearrange shit for no playback bullshit. Also that it's not as clean looking as the new WMP and I can't just fucking drag and drop shit.
    1. You can change your sync options to whatever you want them to be, even none.
    2. Itunes tries to change the formats of your mp3s? Never done that to me.
    3. Rearrange shit?
    4. Don't know about the WMP so can't comment.
    5. You can drag and drop all you want.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. I have to have an apple store account, and that account has to have a credit card, for me to add the art work it somehow failed to pick up itself?

Yeah some awesome fucking program. Way better than copy+pasting album artwork into WMP.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I'm still convinced that most everyone who has a problem with this software is doing it wrong. I drag and drop shit in itunes all the time.
    The complaint is usually against iPods, which don't support dragging and dropping music files from a folder view to the iPod in My Computer. Yes, you can drag and drop within iTunes, but that requires opening the painfully slow iTunes software and a lot of clowns don't have their music properly tagged so folder organization is easier. Though I hope this is a shrinking population of clowns.

EDIT: Album artwork? GTFO, we're not 15-year-old girls.

4. I might not be a 15 year old girl but when my entire library has album artwork in WMP and I can easily find what I want just using that, it's pretty fucking stupid that iTunes is filled with like two thousand fucking gray boxes.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I have to have an apple store account, and that account has to have a credit card, for me to add the art work it somehow failed to pick up itself?

Yeah some awesome fucking program. Way better than copy+pasting album artwork into WMP.
    You can copy and paste artwork into itunes as well.

Why the fuck would you need an apple account? You sound like my grandmother... I CAN'T FIGURE OUT YOUR NEWFANGLED COMPLICATED COMPUWHATSITS!
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. You need to be logged in with an iTunes store account for iTunes to automatically fetch album art for you.

It still doesn't find shit. I think it correctly found art for maybe 5% of my music, and all my shit is accurately ID3 tagged.

Not that I care. I'm not a 15-year-old girl. Anymore.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post
    The complaint is usually against iPods, which don't support dragging and dropping music files from a folder view to the iPod in My Computer. Yes, you can drag and drop within iTunes, but that requires opening the painfully slow iTunes software and a lot of clowns don't have their music properly tagged so folder organization is easier. Though I hope this is a shrinking population of clowns.

EDIT: Album artwork? GTFO, we're not 15-year-old girls.
    Easy solution, tag your music properly so you don't have to rely on folder organization and when you give music to your friends they don't have to deal with that shit either.

Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I might not be a 15 year old girl but when my entire library has album artwork in WMP and I can easily find what I want just using that, it's pretty fucking stupid that iTunes is filled with like two thousand fucking gray boxes.
    WMP is obviously not adding the album artwork properly into the mp3 then. After I add art in itunes I can then give my mp3s to anyone, and they can load it into whatever they want, itunes/wmp/anything and they'll see the artwork.

8. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post
    You need to be logged in with an iTunes store account for iTunes to automatically fetch album art for you.

It still doesn't find shit. I think it correctly found art for maybe 5% of my music, and all my shit is accurately ID3 tagged.

Not that I care. I'm not a 15-year-old girl. Anymore.
    Yeah, but his complaint is he can't copy and paste the artwork. WHICH HE CAN.

BTW, I'm not a 15yrold girl but everyone one of my mp3s has album art. I love having the art to flip through on my ipod/iphone.

9. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    You can copy and paste artwork into itunes as well.
    Why the fuck don't I see this option then? Does that only happen if I already have album art copied?

10. Well I don't know about the windows version, but I can right click any mp3, OR if I want to do a whole album select them all and right click, click on get info and there's a tab for artwork right there.

You can also fix your broken/shitty ID3 tags there as well.