Page 1 of 12 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: iTunes alternatives

1. iTunes alternatives

Anyone have a recommendation for something to use just to put music onto an older 30g Video? I really fucking hate iTunes.

As a point of interest anything that would somehow magic hack Windows Media Player to do this would be incredible.

What do you hate?

3. How fucking annoying it is with trying to sell me shit, trying to sync crap and change formats and rearrange shit for no playback bullshit. Also that it's not as clean looking as the new WMP and I can't just fucking drag and drop shit.

Your iTunes tries to sell you shit?

5. Yeah... I think you're doing it wrong. Mine doesn't sell me shit unless I go to the store.

I'm still convinced that most everyone who has a problem with this software is doing it wrong. I drag and drop shit in itunes all the time.

7. In that case give me a list of pointers to make me not hate it. That is also a good solution. Maybe the best solution?

Also for clarification I'm using a little hyperbole when talking about it selling me shit, I really just mean the store link. It annoys me that it's there, but I guess it really does no harm.

I hate almost all Apple products.

I like iTunes.

9. iTunes would be awesome if it wasn't slow as shit software. The functionality is good, but it lacks two options I'd really like.
    • Automatically adding new music files to the library. I don't buy music through iTunes (I use Amazon's MP3 store). When I add new music files to my music folder, iTunes should recognize them and add them to the library for me.
    • A play queue. I think it was Winamp 5 that first introduced me to a play queue. While listening to music, I can add files to a queue that automatically get played in order--when the queue is finished, it automatically goes back to playing whatever playlist/library I was playing in the first place.

P.S. Rhythmbox for Linux has both of these features. And it's not slow as shit software like iTunes. Ergo, it is better than iTunes, but sadly not available for Windows.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I'm still convinced that most everyone who has a problem with this software is doing it wrong. I drag and drop shit in itunes all the time.
    Yep.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.