Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Bioshock Infinite

1. but i just played it like last year

I tried to play it last year and couldn't even get to the part I remember being the best part because it was borrrrring. And clunky.

I might try again.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. The combat is slow but it's no worse than Deus Ex, and I've replayed that 123523 times.

4. psychic monkeys all up in your business. your lady business

fuck you mzo. best game ever.

5. So it's set decades earlier, in a completely different location, with no Adam, splicers, Big Daddies or Little Sisters? I get the feeling this isn't actually a Bioshock game in any meaningful sense, and it's just in the title because some suit said it had to be.

Game looks amazing, don't get me wrong, I just wish they would have trusted Ken Levine's name, or failing that, "_______shock" to be enough of a selling point.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. Well I think it does have a lot of meaningful connections to Bioshock, but they're broader; themes, design philisophies, and gameplay style. Probably more like the way J-RPGs think of sequels.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gas View Post
    So it's set decades earlier, in a completely different location, with no Adam, splicers, Big Daddies or Little Sisters? I get the feeling this isn't actually a Bioshock game in any meaningful sense, and it's just in the title because some suit said it had to be.

Game looks amazing, don't get me wrong, I just wish they would have trusted Ken Levine's name, or failing that, "_______shock" to be enough of a selling point.
    Bioshock doesn't imply underwater though. It's not like they are trying to call it System Shock with no computers or something else completely outlandish. I'd do the same thing if I were them. The general public is too stupid to connect the dots if you don't beat them over the head with it.

8. It looks like it's set in the same world with the same rules. I'd wager weapons and plasmids will be similar.

9. Takes place around the same time too.

10. It takes place 48 years earlier. I mean they're in the same century, but I don't think I'd say it's "around the same time."