Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ys Seven PSP

Never played a Ys game in my life but I'd like to start. Is the Ys I and II game on the Wii store any good? I think it's the TurboGrafx game.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Never played a Ys game in my life but I'd like to start. Is the Ys I and II game on the Wii store any good? I think it's the TurboGrafx game.
    Quadruple yes.
    -Kyo

Sounds good! I will put it on the list.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. They're super short by today's standards too, you could probably blow through them in a couple of sittings.

Book II has been on my pile of shame forever. I'll finish it, I swear!
    -Kyo

5. Beat the first rock boss and love it so far. It's fast and responsive, so I don't see what there is to complain about...

6. I wish they tracked which recipes you've synthesized. Would've been super easy (have the item icon be a question mark until successful synthesis a la DQ8 and 9's alchemy pots) and added lots of gameplay for those of us who like that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater
    *edit - I dug Ys Book I & II for Turbo out of my closet this morning and played over an hour. I used to hate the bump attacking in these games but it doesn't bother me much now. This is pretty nostalgic and the pacing is well done so far. I can certainly picture finally getting into it.
    Update - I finished Ys I and II on Turbo. Great stuff. They aged much better than I expected.

Well done. I played them for the first time fairly recently as well, good, good stuff.

I still need to pick up 7.

9. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    Update - I finished Ys I and II on Turbo. Great stuff. They aged much better than I expected.
    QFT. After what seemed like forever, this one just left my pile of shame tonight. Regrettably, Ryo Yonemitsu doesn't do game soundtracks anymore.