Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ys Seven PSP

1. Whoa Ys Seven PSP

Please merge if a thread already exists. Search won't work on "Ys" or "Seven."

Brand new Ys installment -- the first in nearly seven years -- built from the ground up for PSP by Falcom themselves (unlike the disappointing Ark of Napishtim), is now a scant few days away. NA release: August 17th.

Limited Edition NOT stingy on the phat loot. Peep this shiz:

Art book, huge cloth map, soundtrack CD, and game for $50. Natural edition available for $40.

Early reports have been extremely favorable. Even if the game is merely "good" I feel I gotta give XSEED my money for going all out like this, and with several more PSP Falcom localizations on the way! (Seriously, who thought this was a good idea? Does even high-profile PSP software chart at all outside of Japan? I just hope this gamble doesn't bankrupt the promising, chan-friendly XSEED.)

Official site with tons of info:

http://www.worldofys.com/

Get into it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	29740_393152188353_163718093353_4225276_4817178_n.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	57333   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ys7.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	256.9 KB 
ID:	57334  

It's odd how many PSP games are popping up five years after the system launched. It's like it took Japan that long to figure out that they should have been backing it instead of the fucking DS all along.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    It's odd how many PSP games are popping up five years after the system launched. It's like it took Japan that long to figure out that they should have been backing it instead of the fucking DS all along.
    It's weird because for whatever reason they couldn't sell 3rd party games on all the systems that sold better. They thought the GBA market would carry over to DS. They tried the Wii when it sold like gangbusters. They failed hard on PS3 because they somehow technically weren't up to it and couldn't adapt their gameplay ideas. It just kind of fell on the PSP by process of elimination because it was the only place they could carve out a low-tech 3rd party hardcore niche that was a natural fit for old-paradigm design, which had the effect of revitalizing the system.

On Shidoshi's podcast Nick Rox was basically saying this game is God tier. Apparently the Japanese blogosphere is going nuts over it, rating it insanely high. That collector's edition is tight, I don't even own a PSP and I might get it for down the road. And I usually look at collector's editions as something that just takes up space.
    -Kyo

4. I would have thought we'd have seen more PSP/PS2/Wii multi-platform games from Japan. I bought Napishtim on PS2 and I'd have loved to buy this one on PS2 or Wii. Ahh, well, maybe it's time I get a PSP...
    No gnus is good gnus.

5. I enjoy even bad Falcom games. The reports of this game being as good as it is makes my head explode (partially due to Falcom actually making a good game... wtf???).

6. Same, even the bad ones I'll have a huge 2D or nostalgia trip on.

Anyways, getting this asap day one, like woah.

7. I'm buying it, but since they are releasing older games later, I will be sitting on it for a while. I want to play them in order.

8. God damn so buying this...
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm buying it, but since they are releasing older games later, I will be sitting on it for a while. I want to play them in order.
    I'm not an expert on this, but I think they actually are releasing them in story order.
    -Kyo

10. The XSEED/Falcom partnership is pretty much the only reason I decided to buy a PSP recently - day one.