Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 11131415

Thread: Dragon Age II

Not to mention the rampant re-use of locations for different fetch quests. Oh, and how it was a slap in the face to anyone who played the first game. People who had died by my hand in Dragon Age: Origins made appearances in this game, chronologically after when they perished. It's especially offensive after Bioware's repeated claims that your choices and decisions mattered, only to back out when accounting for those choices got too difficult.

2. I hope the message is loud and clear, and Bioware gets to spend 5 years making the next one like Bethesda gets to do with its Elder Scrolls games.

3. I just hope it's not an Elder Scrolls Game.

4. Quote Originally Posted by TrialSword View Post
    I hope the message is loud and clear, and Bioware gets to spend 5 years making the next one like Bethesda gets to do with its Elder Scrolls games.
    I would like this too, but they're property of EA these days.

5. This just popped up on CAG:
    http://social.bioware.com/da2/dlc_bundle/

You can unlock all of the pre-order/promo DLC for both Dragon Age games for free on all platforms here. Neat!

6. Thanks! That's pretty great!

7. I didn't care for either game (only tried console versions to be fair), but I grabbed this anyways!

8. I picked this up during the Ultimate game sale for the 360 for $5 and while I've never played Origins, Bioware did a great job with making it as accessible as possible.

It's more linear than I expected and I'm not a fan of the way enemies whittle down your party with higher waves but the characters are all well developed, the art style works, and the action RPG style combat is enjoyable. Graphics have been decent with some good lighting effects but I would have liked higher resolution textures on the character models since they don't hold up as well during the dialogue scenes.

This game actually has me more hyped for Inquisition now if it makes up for the flaws this one had on top of gorgeous graphics.
    Last edited by Will; 15 Jul 2014 at 07:33 PM.

9. You should just play Origins.

10. I'm tempted to although I want to finish DA2 first. Since it's only $15 on Live for the digital version I'll probably go for it within the next couple of months if there isn't already a sale on top of that.